Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

carecare

Any gluten-free Restaurants In Madison, Wi?

The only one that comes up in that search engine thing is Outback Steakhouse. We are going there for the weekend and need a place to eat. We might just end up at Outback again...but wanted to know if anyone knows of any other places we could try around the Madison area. Thanks.

My Triumph dining guide lists:

Biaggi's Ristorante Italiano

Bunky's Cafe

Chautara

Chin's Asia Fresh

Firefly

FlatTop Frill

Fleming's Steakhouse

Fyfe's Corner Bistro

Great Dane

Hong Kong Cafe West

L'Etoile Restaurant

Nitty Gritty

Noodles & Company

Otto's Restaurant & Bar

Outback Steakhouse

Restaurant Magnus

Rice Cafe

Silly Yak Bakery and Bread Barn (OK -- not a restaurant, but I would try to get there!)

Uno Chicago Grill

Guest j_mommy

Cheeseburger in Paradise has a gluten-free menu and the staff in knowledgable...it's just off the belt line, I believe the greenway station exit.

Great Dane is a bar/restuarant and their food is good.

I would definetly stop at Silly yak bakery....their gluten-free bake days are Tue and Sat(closed on Sundays). They always have product though. Very good bread!!!!

http://www.sillyyakbakery.com/index3.html

The only one that comes up in that search engine thing is Outback Steakhouse. We are going there for the weekend and need a place to eat. We might just end up at Outback again...but wanted to know if anyone knows of any other places we could try around the Madison area. Thanks.

You have to go to Bunky's Cafe-it is amazing! They have gluten free bread, gluten-free pizza and pasta. You will be treated like royalty!! Here is there website:bunkyscafe.net

Oh man...I didn't get your suggestions before I left. What a bummer! Well, there's always next time.

What's funny is we drove by the SillyYakbakery many times going from my BIL's house to the mall. Even when we were leaving and we drove by that bakery we laughed at the name because my husband uses Yak in a lot of his online user names for things. Anyway, we wondered what kind of bakery it was. Boy, I sure wish we would have saw the suggestions before I left....

thanks again!!!

Carecare

Thanks for posting the restaurant suggestions. I'm going to be in Madison on a business trip next week and was having a mini-freakout because I didn't think any of my old favorites would have gluten-free meals. I never would have expected Nitty Gritty to have a gluten-free menu!

I posted on here on Sunday, somewhere, how well we were treated at the Outback on the West Side last Friday night. They even had Redbridge AND New Grist beers. We've been to Bunky's, albeit before we knew about my celiac, now we'll have to go back and try their gluten-free menu items. We HAVE had their pizza, found it at Woodman's, and the crust was made by Silly Yak. It was excellent. The only issue we had was the fact the type of pizza it was was on a slip on the INSIDE of the box!! How are you supposed to read that when the box is sealed shut???

Imperial Gardens in Middleton, just at the edge of Madison on University drive will make practically anything on their menu gluten-free and they will serve gluten-free soy sauce on the side. It is so nice to be able to go to an oriental food place and get something with a brown sauce instead of always with a white sauce. I love that place and go there everytime I am in Madison. Barbara