This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Puffy Eyes

Joyous

Joyous Enthusiast

My seven year old seems to have puffy eyes (mostly above his eyes) in the winter. How likely is it that this is connected to gluten intolerance?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

hayley3 Contributor

My 11 yr old has that too. It's a sinus problem for sure. My kid is old enough so she can use a Neti pot to help with it. I'm sure it's what she's eating. I read somewhere that gerd/reflux can affect the sinuses. My daughter also has really bad breath and eating too much sugar can also affect her sinuses.

Joyous Enthusiast
My 11 yr old has that too. It's a sinus problem for sure. My kid is old enough so she can use a Neti pot to help with it. I'm sure it's what she's eating. I read somewhere that gerd/reflux can affect the sinuses. My daughter also has really bad breath and eating too much sugar can also affect her sinuses.

That's interesting, thank you.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online (within 30 mins)

KarolRmz
    Newest Member
    KarolRmz
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      1m

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A22):

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A21):

• Upcoming Events

• trents
      That's a good idea. It can at least establish the potential for developing celiac disease and can help people decided between a celiac diagnosis and NCGS (Non Celiac Gluten Sensitivity). And it doesn't require a gluten challenge and can be had without a doctor's prescription.
    • awright24
      I have my endoscopy on Thursday, has anyone had the procedure done with a cough? I don't have a continuous cough, but every now and then throughout the day I have sort of coughing episodes. They are a lot better than they were but I called endoscopy and they said to speak to my gp and my gp got back to me and said I need to ask endoscopy if its ok if I have it done still.  Help!
    • MMH13
      Thank you so much, everyone. For the moment my doctor just has me taking iron but hopefully we can reconnect soon. I'm going to look into genetic testing, too. Great advice all around and I appreciate it--and you can bet I'm going off the PPIs!
    • Eldene
      I walk fast for fitness, 4 to 6 km per day. I am also 74 years old. Apart from the Celiac challenge, my lifestyle is healthy. I had a sciatiac nerve pinching under my one foot, with inflamation in my whole shin. It was almost cured, when the other shin started paining and burning. I do stretches, use a natural cooling gel and rest my feet. Can Celiac cause muscle pains/inflamation, or is it just over-excercising?
    • LovintheGFlife
      I recently started shopping at a nearby Trader Joe's store. I was surprised at the number and variety of (healthy) gluten-free options sold there. I must admit their low prices are also quite tempting. However, I am curious as to the labeling on all their packages. While none of their products are certified as gluten-free, many are identified as 'GLUTEN FREE' on the packaging. Are these items safe for celiacs? Has anyone tried Trader Joe's products and have there been any adverse reactions?