Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hayley3

Cream Hill Estates Oat Recipes

their oats? They also sell oat groats which I prefer.

I was doing a search on celiac disease and came across these oats. The recipes sound awesome but I was wondering if anyone else had tried them.

http://www.Lame Advertisement.com/en_healthy_oat_recipes.php

Osteoporosis, and sacroiliac arthritis diagnosed 32 yrs of age.  Chronic low wbc, Severe constipation, Migraines, severe GERD, multiple miscarriages, Sjrogen's disease, positive ANA, thyroid nodules (hyperthryoid), fatty liver disease with elevated enzymes, low vitamin D, low protein, IBS, SIBO, Discoid lupus, mulitple food allergies and massive hair loss.  I left my career because I was too sick to keep working, and it was devastating because I couldn't apply for disability without a diagnosis.  My daughter was a preemie and she has Central Auditory Processing Disorder (CAPD) and had a positive ANA and Rheumatoid Factor at 16 and now has been dx'd with Hashimoto's.

Allergic to:  corn, rice, beans, tomatoes, dairy.  Not diagnosed as celiac.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

We tried the Oatmeal Chocolate chip cookies, but my kids weren't crazy about them. They prefer these ones:

Gramma's Dad's Cookies

2 cups white sugar

1 cup brown sugar

2 cups margarine

2 eggs

2 cups coconut

2 1/2 cups oatmeal

3 cups flour

2 teaspoons baking soda

2 teaspoons baking powder

make into balls and if you want, flatten with a fork dipped in sugar...Bake at 350 for 7 to 10 minutes...Makes lots of cookies..

my notes:

I just dropped the dough onto the cookie sheet with a spoon, it was a bit sloppy to try to roll into a ball.

I used Lara's rolled oats and Lara's oat flour (AKA Cream Hill Estates - from Quebec). I used one cup oat flour and the other 2 cups I used Carol Fenster's sorghum/corn flour blend.

1 1/2 cups sorghum flour

1/1/2 cups potato starch

1 cup tapioca flour

1/2 cup corn flour (or chestnut flour or bean flour)

They didn't quite look done at 10 minutes, so I baked for 12 and then they crisped up afterwards, so they were a bit over done. I'll stick with the 10 minutes next time. I don't like coconut at all, but you can't really taste it, so it's okay for people who aren't crazy about coconut.

Also when this says "makes lots of cookies" it's right! I had a tupperware container full and three 1 litre zip bags full to put in the freezer.

I got the recipe from my mother-in-law, so I suppose it's her dad's recipe.

Linda, Mom to Ty (11 years old)

Ty was diagnosed by blood test June 7/05

biopsy Aug 11/05, diagnosis confirmed Aug 18/05

Mom, Dad and big brother Celiac-free.

How do these oats measure up to Bob's Red Mill which special bag states they are separate from wheat source too? I purchased Bob's Red Mill and now I am second guessing my choice that I didn't get this Cream Hill Estates Oats....did I do wrong thing?

Husband has Celiac Disease and

Husband misdiagnosed for 27 yrs -

The misdiagnosis was: IBS or colitis

Mis-diagnosed from 1977 to 2003 by various gastros including one of the largest,

most prestigious medical groups in northern NJ which constantly advertises themselves as

being the "best." This GI told him it was "all in his head."

Serious Depressive state ensued

Finally Diagnosed with celiac disease in 2003

Other food sensitivities: almost all fruits, vegetables, spices, eggs, nuts, yeast, fried foods, roughage, soy.

Needs to gain back at least 25 lbs. of the 40 lbs pounds he lost - lost a great amout of body fat and muscle

Developed neuropathy in 2005

Now has lymphadema 2006It is my opinion that his subsequent disorders could have been avoided had he been diagnosed sooner by any of the dozen or so doctors he saw between 1977 to 2003

No, there's no difference in the oats. Oats are oats, although I love whole foods oats. I don't know what they do to them, but they are soooo good. Maybe it's because they're organic.

Anyway, I just posted this because those recipes looked soooo good.

Osteoporosis, and sacroiliac arthritis diagnosed 32 yrs of age.  Chronic low wbc, Severe constipation, Migraines, severe GERD, multiple miscarriages, Sjrogen's disease, positive ANA, thyroid nodules (hyperthryoid), fatty liver disease with elevated enzymes, low vitamin D, low protein, IBS, SIBO, Discoid lupus, mulitple food allergies and massive hair loss.  I left my career because I was too sick to keep working, and it was devastating because I couldn't apply for disability without a diagnosis.  My daughter was a preemie and she has Central Auditory Processing Disorder (CAPD) and had a positive ANA and Rheumatoid Factor at 16 and now has been dx'd with Hashimoto's.

Allergic to:  corn, rice, beans, tomatoes, dairy.  Not diagnosed as celiac.

their oats? They also sell oat groats which I prefer.

I was doing a search on celiac disease and came across these oats. The recipes sound awesome but I was wondering if anyone else had tried them.

http://www.Lame Advertisement.com/en_healthy_oat_recipes.php

never tried any of their recipes, but I do love the company. i've gone through several boxes of the stuff!

Sweetfudge

Born and raised in Portland, OR; Currently living in Provo, UT

Gluten-free since June 2006

Also living with Hypoglycemia since 1991

Dairy-free for good since summer 2008

Started IBS diet and probiotics at GI's recommendation - Fall 2008

Also avoiding: potatoes, beans, crucifers, popcorn, most red meat, coconut milk :(

Started eating a Paleo diet Spring 2011. Love it!

The grass is always greener where you water it.

You have GOT to try the Oatmeal Cookie recipe in the Annalise Roberts' Baking Classics Recipe Book... truly delicious for gluten eaters and gluten free eaters alike.

Really really really good.

mamatide