Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HAK1031

Texas Roadhouse In Manchester, Ct

So even though Texas Roadhouse doesn't have a gluten free menu anymore, I had a great experience at the one in Manchester, CT last night. The manager himself had celiac, so he was very knowledgable and helpful. It was the first time in ages I've eaten out and felt totally OK! If you live nearby, check it out.

Gluten Free since 10/07

Mildly Lactose Intolerant, slight intestinal symptoms after eating milk products, but easily corrected with lactase enzyme

Endometriosis- DX'd 5/07

Gluten Antibodies- "negative"...don't know exact numbers, am highly suspicious...

DXed celiac 12-19-07 via genetics/elimination diet- DQ2 allele

Brother with Celiac, aspergers...his tests were all negative (he didn't have genetics done), including endoscopy, but he definitely is at the least gluten intolerant...highly suspect my mother has it as well- she has hyperthyroid, fibromyalgia, hemochromatosis, and now colon cancer, and she has been weak and exhausted and just generally sick. She's going to get tested.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

So even though Texas Roadhouse doesn't have a gluten free menu anymore, I had a great experience at the one in Manchester, CT last night. The manager himself had celiac, so he was very knowledgable and helpful. It was the first time in ages I've eaten out and felt totally OK! If you live nearby, check it out.

I'm glad you had agood experience because myTexas Roadhouse in West Haven was completely different. All their BBQ sauce has gluten in it according to the server. So I opted for a grilled steak. I thought I would be safe with a baked potato, but the server informed me that the potatoes are rolled in salt, then deep fryed to get the skins crunchy. I didn't feel like getting cross contaminated from the fryer, since they cooked other things in the fryer also. So needless to say, I could have gone anywhere for a steak (like outback), so we won't be going back there anytime soon. Maybe the Manchester place has a differnent menu/options.

found by accident during an endoscopy for GERD/PUD in June 2006. Biopsy positive X2. IgA/glutein blood test confirmed July 2006. Have GERD (prevacid) and Gallstones too!

I don't think the menu was different, I just think the manager knew what he was talking about (well at least I would hope so if he's a celiac himself) and had the kitchen take appropriate precautions :-)

Gluten Free since 10/07

Mildly Lactose Intolerant, slight intestinal symptoms after eating milk products, but easily corrected with lactase enzyme

Endometriosis- DX'd 5/07

Gluten Antibodies- "negative"...don't know exact numbers, am highly suspicious...

DXed celiac 12-19-07 via genetics/elimination diet- DQ2 allele

Brother with Celiac, aspergers...his tests were all negative (he didn't have genetics done), including endoscopy, but he definitely is at the least gluten intolerant...highly suspect my mother has it as well- she has hyperthyroid, fibromyalgia, hemochromatosis, and now colon cancer, and she has been weak and exhausted and just generally sick. She's going to get tested.