Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

b91hd7fjk

Help With Allergy Test

I have been wanting to get an allergy test done since I have been gluten-free and am still having regular symptoms. I have tried Elimination diets in the past and I have not noticed any differences...especially because every diet is different.

I havent found a doctor out here in Las Vegas NV that understands this disease so I am looking for an effective allergy test that I personally can do w/o the "ok" of a doctor.

Please help if you know where I can turn.

-Staci

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I have been wanting to get an allergy test done since I have been gluten-free and am still having regular symptoms. I have tried Elimination diets in the past and I have not noticed any differences...especially because every diet is different.

I havent found a doctor out here in Las Vegas NV that understands this disease so I am looking for an effective allergy test that I personally can do w/o the "ok" of a doctor.

Please help if you know where I can turn.

-Staci

If you are looking for a general food intolerance test you can go online to www.optimumhealthresource.com

The lab is a pretty good lab, but the customer service is awful. It took me 2 months to get my results, but it did pinpoint some problems. I think it is a 96 food intolerance IgG panel, which looks for foods that you have a delayed reaction to.

28 yr old Male

Diagnosed Celiac in February 2007

Gluten-free/Casein Free

HLA DQ 2,3 Subtype (2,8) I have both celiac genes!

Married

1 child 9 months- Levi

Yeast/Bacteria overgrowth

" CHANGE THE WAY YOU LOOK AT THINGS AND THE THINGS YOU LOOK AT CHANGE"

Wayne Dyer

Search online for the Sage Labs ELISA test. As long as you can get a paper signed by a doctor and a lab to draw your blood, you're all set. It tests for over 100 food allergies. Good luck,

-Brian

Celiac Sprue

Multiple Food Allergies

Diagnosed June 2006

Stopped Eating June 2007

IV Nutrition: 6/27/07 - Present