Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mama2two

Gluten In Toothpaste

This is what I got today from GlaxoSmithKline, the makers of Sensodyne:

Thank you for contacting us regarding Sensodyne

Just be careful..to get back on my carrageenan kick here..lot's of toothepaste contain this too. That's why sadly I quit using Tom's Of Maine.

If you are still having digestive issues..check to see if your toothpaste..and/or other products contain this product.

I seem to be sensitive to carrageenan, I have been using Tom's not knowing what was gluten free...

What brand do you use that is gluten-free, soy free & Carrageenan free???

Thanks!

Oral-B won't claim any of their toothpastes are gluten free.

I posted in another area about toothpaste--Oral B was definitely one of the brands that caused the rash for my daughter.

Tom's of Maine is gluten free and now you can get a flouride and sodium laurel free version. Both are toxic to the body!!

Had a problem with Tom's, too, but it was years ago--maybe ingredients have changed. For us, we stick with Aqua-fresh--the kid's Bubblemint for daughter, Extra-fresh for me.

Saw another post here about Arm & Hammer Sensitive--I will try it. Thanks for the tip!!

Thanks for the reply. Curiosity is my middle name. :) By the way soy was the last link for me. I hope eliminating it gives you the relief I got. I do find it just as hard to avoid as gluten though, actually at this point harder. It seems anything that doesn't have gluten has soy. :angry:

Patti, I am also curious ...When you stopped consuming soy, did that include edamame (frozen or fresh soybeans)? I think I may have an intolerance to soy and have been eliminating it from my diet.

I am questioning if fresh or frozen soybeans are safe vs. eating processed soy products.

Thanks a million,

SylviaG

I stopped using sensodyne last week, and I no longer get tooth pain and my mouth doesnt ache. So there is something in it. It was the tarter control/whitening. Now i use crest and no pain.

I've never found a toothpaste that definitely has gluten. I won't use Oral B simply because they are uncooperative about all their products.

richard

Richard-has the pronamel helped you at all? I am interested in trying to save the few teeth I have left!