Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mishifu

Muscle Cramps Possible Symptom?

Also a newbie to the forum,

which is very informative, by the way...!! :o)

Will be tested for celiac disease soon...have had the alternating constipation/diahorea symptom for a couple of years now. This started gradually but now the diarohea and bowel cramps have now become nearly a constant fixture. Also several cases of celiac disease have been found recently on one side of my family...so i'm suddenly thinking a gluten intolerance might be the cause...

Additionally, in the last year have started to have very tough muscle cramps, in my feet... when it started was told this could be due to a magnesium definciency and was told to take extra every day...no reason given. I was wondering if anyone else has had this experience?? if nutrient definciency is mentioned as a symptom normally only anemia comes up...

Many thanks!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hi and Welcome,

I too have the problems with the cramps in the bottoms of my feet and sometimes in my palms. I've been told that any vitamin deficiency is typical for us. I don't get them every day, but when I do, I know I have to take my magnesium for a few days.

Gina

Gina

gluten-free since 2001

Son dx celiac March 2005

Also a newbie to the forum,

which is very informative, by the way...!! :o)

Will be tested for celiac disease soon...have had the alternating constipation/diahorea symptom for a couple of years now. This started gradually but now the diarohea and bowel cramps have now become nearly a constant fixture. Also several cases of celiac disease have been found recently on one side of my family...so i'm suddenly thinking a gluten intolerance might be the cause...

Additionally, in the last year have started to have very tough muscle cramps, in my feet... when it started was told this could be due to a magnesium definciency and was told to take extra every day...no reason given. I was wondering if anyone else has had this experience?? if nutrient definciency is mentioned as a symptom normally only anemia comes up...

Many thanks!

My son has leg cramps anytime he has gluten...it is usually the first symptom to show up with him. before we started the gluten free diet he had them daily ( i thought it was just kid stuff he is 6) he stopped having them within a couple of days of starting the diet.