This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Monavie Acai Blend Anyone Try?

mixxy231

mixxy231 Newbie

Ok my question is has anyone tried this and what do you think of it. It has the acai berry and a friend said it is great for celiac?????? If you did try it how did you feel and did it help you in any of the ways it says it does?

thanks so much melissa

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Lisa Mentor
Ok my question is has anyone tried this and what do you think of it. It has the acai berry and a friend said it is great for celiac?????? If you did try it how did you feel and did it help you in any of the ways it says it does?

thanks so much melissa

And what is it suppose to do for Celiac?

mixxy231 Newbie
And what is it suppose to do for Celiac?

I am not sure. My son has Celiac and his father (we are not together) bought this for him to take. He said it is to help celiac and other things but I can not find anything about it helping people with celiac. Thought I would check to see if anyone on here had heard of it. It is like $35-45 a bottle.

sarad1 Apprentice

I know someone that sells Mona Vie, it is basically a juice that you drink to help you feel better. It has nothing specific to help celiac, the company's claim is that it hellps everyone feel better. Kind of like the mangosteen fruit. You can buy acai juice and mangosteen juice at any health food store. I've never tried it, but the girl I know that sells it swears by it. I think it's all in her head personally..... :) People claim the same thing about aloe vera juice.

mixxy231 Newbie
I know someone that sells Mona Vie, it is basically a juice that you drink to help you feel better. It has nothing specific to help celiac, the company's claim is that it hellps everyone feel better. Kind of like the mangosteen fruit. You can buy acai juice and mangosteen juice at any health food store. I've never tried it, but the girl I know that sells it swears by it. I think it's all in her head personally..... :) People claim the same thing about aloe vera juice.

Thanks that is what I was thinking. Just something to get your money. I could not find one thing about celiac and this drink so I am not sure where his Dad saw his facts.

HeartofGlass224 Rookie

I tried one bottle that my husband's boss sent home for me to try, since I have so many health issues. It tasted horrible, and it made me feel worse! Since then, I've spoken to other people who sell it, and they say those with Crohn's or similiar issues shouldn't use it. I'm not sure about their claims about Celiac, but I can ask!

mixxy231 Newbie

:rolleyes: Thanks that would so nice of you. Let me know what they tell you. Thanks again

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Phyllis28 Apprentice

I sat next to two people who sell "Mon Avie" on the plane home last week. I asked them about the product. They made no specific claims about celiac. The card they gave me basically said their product would increase nutrition, antioxidant activity, boost the immune system, combat aging and improve overall well being.

Below is website referenced on the card they gave me:

Open Original Shared Link

This is a promotional website so I am looking at this with a from a very sceptical point of view.

What I did not find on the website was a nutritional label. I am still trying to locate this information to compare it with simply eating easily available and cheaper fresh fruits and vegetables.

Also, based on the conversation I was listening to the compensation for distributors of the Mon Avie acai blend juice sounded similar to that of Amway. The Distributor A recruites Distributor B and C and Distributor A receives compensation for Distriburor B and C sales in addition to their own sales.

• 2 weeks later...
Georgia N Newbie

thanks so much melissa

Yes I drink it and it is wonderful, I have lots of friends drinking it and it does not taste bad you have to drink it cold that's all. 2 oz in the morning and 2 oz in late afternoon ..It gives me so much energy, clarity.. and if anyone want more info on this just e-mail me. I have been drinking this for 5 months after being in the hospital for 6 weeks I had 6 surgeries and when I got out of the hospital I had lost 20 lb. which i only weighed 105 in the first place I had no energy. My husband had to help me with everything. Well a friend game over and gave me a bottle of MonaVie ... I drank 2 oz three times a day and on the forth day I could really feel a difference.

Georgia N Newbie
Yes I drink it and it is wonderful, I have lots of friends drinking it and it does not taste bad you have to drink it cold that's all. 2 oz in the morning and 2 oz in late afternoon ..It gives me so much energy, clarity.. and if anyone want more info on this just e-mail me. I have been drinking this for 5 months after being in the hospital for 6 weeks I had 6 surgeries and when I got out of the hospital I had lost 20 lb. which i only weighed 105 in the first place I had no energy. My husband had to help me with everything. Well a friend game over and gave me a bottle of MonaVie ... I drank 2 oz three times a day and on the forth day I could really feel a difference.
  • 1 year later...
dcmiller Newbie

The reason that Monavie is so good for people with celiacs disease is that it is completely gluten free. And it is so full of nutrients that these people aren't able to get elsewhere. People who are in the Monavie business are not "trying to just get your money," they honestly believe in their product and are just trying to help people get healthier and there is nothing wrong with that. The reason monavie is so much better than any other product you can buy in a store is first, it has a patented process that ensures you are getting the most nutrient value and second that it offers a way for you to get the product for free and its easy to do that. So when I hear people are skeptical of that, it doesn't make any sense to me... It's helped a lot of people that I care about and I have seen lives change because of it so I am a believer

• 4 months later...
kenlove Rising Star

Im always hesitant to get into theswe discussions on the net miracle fruit according to network marketers. I research and lecture around the world on exotic tropical fruit around the world.

I've been given and tried most of these drinks like acai mona vie, mangosteen, mangostan and a dozen others ---- all of them have some heathlful benefits many of them also have a lot of use garbage in them. There is no substitute for fresh fruit. There are also many other fruits that are far superior to some of these processed and marketed, I shoudl say I'm no fan of network marketing. Get a bag of cranberries and some blueberrys and put them in a juicer and you'll get most of the benefits that you would get in a $40. bottle of something. Throw in a pomegranate and few figs and your better off than the bottle and without the sugar, chemicals and preservatives in many of these netowrk marketed or commercial miracle juice the hte week drink.

• 4 months later...
Nightingale8472 Rookie

I've been using MonaVie for years. I feel better when I drink it. I also feel better when I take vitamins, but I've noticed the effect more with the MonaVie. Maybe it's in a more easily absorbed form since it's from natural fruit sources? Sure, I'd probably feel really good if I ate a ton of fresh fruits and veggies every day, but honestly, how many of us really do that consistently? Many people (probably fewer celiacs than others, but some, still), live on "grab and go" foods because healthy eating and fresh foods can take time and planning ahead, and many of us don't have the time, energy, or inclination. Sure, we could be eating a lot healthier. But we don't, and many of us are probably not going to make massive lifestyle changes to do so. That sucks, but it's reality.

I don't think MonaVie does anything specific for celiac, but giving an intense dose of vitamins and anti-oxidants in a pretty tasty form is good for pretty much anyone, and celiacs tend to have malnutrition issues, so extra vitamins and nutrients may help celiacs feel better. If you already get a ton of great fruits and veggies in your diet, it probably won't make a difference at all for you. However, if your diet isn't the greatest, you may notice a difference. And, it's tasty, so using it isn't a chore (and, of course, it's gluten free, confirmed by the manufacturer on their website).

I notice I feel better, get sick a lot less often, and have more energy when I use MonaVie. Other people have told me the same, and some people have said it didn't do a thing for them. That's fine. If it doesn't help you, why drink it? If it does help you, great!

Generic Apprentice

I was given a case of it for free from a friend of a friend, who swore by it. I sure would have been mad if I had paid that much for it. I have had absolutely no health benefits from it. I didn't feel any different from it. I thought as bad as it tastes (kinda like soy sauce)it had to do something, so I kept drinking it. But no nothing.

My acupuncurist recomends eating the berries by themselves. You can get them dried like a raisin from any chinese medicine formulatory. It's alot cheaper and a pure form.

Nightingale8472 Rookie

I was given a case of it for free from a friend of a friend, who swore by it. I sure would have been mad if I had paid that much for it. I have had absolutely no health benefits from it. I didn't feel any different from it. I thought as bad as it tastes (kinda like soy sauce)it had to do something, so I kept drinking it. But no nothing.

My acupuncurist recomends eating the berries by themselves. You can get them dried like a raisin from any chinese medicine formulatory. It's alot cheaper and a pure form.

Soy Sauce??? That's weird. I wonder if that case was spoiled (though I've never had that happen when you consume it by the year shelf life...maybe the case was sitting around at your friend's house?). It usually tastes sweet and fruity, with a little cranberry-like tart. I do admit that it's much better cold, but I think that's just because warm juice is odd.

Generic Apprentice

No it is still within the shelf life. I just looked, still have one bottle. I only drank it cold. I tried another form of the acai berry drink and it still had that similar taste.

Archived