Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Barb

Very New To This And Not Diagnosed

I am a 54 year old female with a primary immune deficiency. Low IgG, IgA and high IgM. I get infusions of gammaglobulin every 3 weeks. Several months ago I noticed my stool start to change to a soft, many pieces jagged edges. Somewhere near the end of Oct I began to get alot of gas and bloating, even waking up at night to get up and take gas x. Around the 1st of Nov the diahrrea started and I had it over a month, sometimes 10-12 times a day, they tried me on several perscriptions to stop the diahrrea, none worked, they took stool samples for parasites all negative. My one Dr. suggested I try gluten free, and I've been on it over a week and now am having a near normal stool. I can't get any other testing done for awhile (although blood test was taken a couple days ago) as I'm having a major shoulder surgery on Thursday. Does this sound classic Celiac to any of you. My mother and sister have terrible gas and bloating all the time, they burp continually, I'm wondering if they should be tested as well.

Thank you for any help you can give me.

Barb/Canada

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

morning ;) barb--yes yes and yes--if you feel better gluten-free then yes, get checked and i would suggest to them that they get tested too--the doctor must have suspected celiacs if he told you to try gluten-free--going gluten-free cant hurt you--deb