Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guhlia

gluten-free/cf/sf Creamed Chipped Beef!

Ok, so I'm on this elimination diet right now and I've really been craving some of my old favorites. This morning I decided to try to make creamed chipped beef. Normally I eat it on toast, but I can't have my favorite bread, so I decided to make home fries. It was absolutely amazing!

3 medium potato

1/2 cup diced onion (you may want to use much less, I'm an onion addict)

2-3 tablespoons coconut oil

salt and pepper to taste

Fry potato and onion in oil over medium heat until slightly browned.

1 package chipped beef

3.5 tablespoons rice flour

1.5 cups rice milk (original flavor)

3 tablespoons coconut oil

salt and pepper to taste

Melt coconut oil in frying pan

Add flour slowly while stirring until smooth

Add chipped beef

Add rice milk

Stir over medium heat until thickened

Serve over home fries

The salt, pepper, and onion really hide the rice flavor. I can't wait to make this again! The texture threw me off a bit, but it definitely tasted great and the texture wasn't a problem once it was on the home fries.

~Angie~

Gluten free since May 2004

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Angie,

I can hardly believe it. Never would have thought of making this. One of my faves BC was Stouffers creamed chipped beef. The product in the frozen red box with real butter and cream. The only creamed chipped beef product I ever found that was really, really good. On toast of course. Naturally it has flour in it and I haven't had it in over a year. Neither has my wife, she's not celiac but I'm the shopper and the cook so that's her bad luck too I guess. :rolleyes:

Where do you get the packaged chipped beef and how does it come? Thanks for the recipe.

best regards, lm

gluten-free 12-18-06

colonoscopy, upper GI
blood, urine, stool tests, prometheus panel
positive endoscopy/positive duodenal biopsies (severe villous atrophy, high intraepithelial lympocytes)
diagnosed celiac disease by Gastroenterologist Andrew R. Gottesman, 12-18-06

"Sobriety sucks. That's why they invented booze in the first place." Denis Leary - Rescue Me

Beware the chocolate of Chiapa