• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Jodi Mills

Anyone In Or Around Fayetteville, Nc

Rate this topic

Hey everyone, I know there are celiacs out here, in the raliegh durham area, what I am wondering is if there is any one out in Fayetteville, Srping lake, Hope Mills area. I am leaving soon but would still like to know about restaurants for the time i have left her, also if we could start a group, that would be awesome, at least then there would be some hope for other people wth celiac in the area...

I believe *marinewife* is in the Fayetteville area and is also new to this site.

Here are some support contacts for your area for the Celiac Disease Foundation:

http://www.celiac.org/connections.php#northcarolina ....Aaron is in your area.

Thank You so much. I love how friendly and helpful everyone is on this site.

Thank You so much. I love how friendly and helpful everyone is on this site.

Yes, thanks for the link! But about Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill groups--I find no active groups online. I am hoping to hook up with a gourmet celiac group, or a group who enjoys eating out together once a month or so.

Thank you,

C.T.

Yes, thanks for the link! But about Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill groups--I find no active groups online. I am hoping to hook up with a gourmet celiac group, or a group who enjoys eating out together once a month or so.

Thank you,

C.T.

We have lots of folks from the Raleigh-Cary-Durham area. Maybe you can start a new thread about a gourmet cooking/dinner group. I might even drive the way. :)

If Ya'll were to get together for a gourmet meetup, within the next 23 days I would totally drive up to raliegh or wherever you have it, as long as its a weekend. anyhow Good luck!!

We have lots of folks from the Raleigh-Cary-Durham area. Maybe you can start a new thread about a gourmet cooking/dinner group. I might even drive the way. :)

I have entertained the idea of starting a group. What would you suggest would be the best way to go about it?

Am open to all suggestions.

C.T.

I have entertained the idea of starting a group. What would you suggest would be the best way to go about it?

C.T.

http://www.celiac.org/connections.php

This is a great please to start. Deborah will help you out any way she can. And, I might add, the Celiac Disease Foundation has one of the best newsletters that I have ever seen.

C.T.

Where are you located?? I too am trying to find the best way to go about starting some sort of group it just seems like most the NC celiacs on this site are at least an hour or more from me....not that I am not willing to drive that far, but I would rather stay close to home, since I really dont know anything outside of fayetteville, hope mills, sprinklake area. I guess I will run to the apple crate and ask if they know if there is a group already here or not. and if not see if they might be into helping get one started, since last time I was in there they told me there were quite a few celiacs in the area.

Where are you located?? I too am trying to find the best way to go about starting some sort of group it just seems like most the NC celiacs on this site are at least an hour or more from me....not that I am not willing to drive that far, but I would rather stay close to home, since I really dont know anything outside of fayetteville, hope mills, sprinklake area. I guess I will run to the apple crate and ask if they know if there is a group already here or not. and if not see if they might be into helping get one started, since last time I was in there they told me there were quite a few celiacs in the area.

Hi,

I use to live in Fayetteville in 2006. I didn't think their were very many celiacs there. I met only one other lady and I met her @ the Apple Crate but she was a military wife and eventually moved. I also moved for one reason or another. I remember the lady @ the Apple Crate saying there were a lot of other celiacs that came in to shop. It didn't occur to me at the time to start a group. I think that would've made life a whole lot easier there. Bless you for starting one. It was hard to be a celiac in Fayetteville when there's only Harris Teeters and Apple Crate to choose from- THATS IT!. Hopefully things have gotten better. I ate out a few times and was glutened all the time. You could try the Outback, they seem to be very celiac concious. I tried the Mash House -was glutened, tried Carrabas -was glutened and other restaurants except the Outback, but I'd call ahead first. Your on the right track to start with the Apple Crate. I hope you find what your looking for. :)

Lotsa Luck,

Larissa

First uncertain diagnosis 2004, Second doctor claimed the first doctor was crazy and pulled me off the diet. To have a Third confirmed Diagnosis 2007.

Gluten Free since Nov. 2007. Was gluten-free on and off again since 2004, Horrible idea.

Feeling Fantabulous now!!

Thanks for the support, I am going to the apple crate tomorrow, was trying to get down there sooner, but with school, and work, time is just not enough. lol. But even If i could get one meeting set up, just to start it out that would be great, since I am leaving on the 21st of this month. when I went into the apple crate she said that there were alot of celiacs here in fayetteville...so we will see.

Wilmington is not too far. I'm know they have many options for shopping.

Thanks for the tip..lol I have no idea where wilmington is though? lets see, I am in fayetteville, and I know how to get to work and home, some places around here, and myrtle beach...lol can you tell i love the beach? this move im going to make is going to be hard, wont be around an ocean, we are moving inland, i might go crazy!

Wilmington is not too far. I'm know they have many options for shopping.

Oops, I am wearing too many hats this morning. I was thinking that you both were in the Jacksonville area, not Fayetteville.

Raleigh/Cary areas would be your next big city. If something can't be found in Raleigh, it just can't be found.

Oops, I am wearing too many hats this morning. I was thinking that you both were in the Jacksonville area, not Fayetteville.

Raleigh/Cary areas would be your next big city. If something can't be found in Raleigh, it just can't be found.

Yeah thats one problem with this state, everything ends in VILLE....

Yeah thats one problem with this state, everything ends in VILLE....

NC is made up of small towns. I consider myself pretty fortunate to be in Raleigh... we do have a lot of stuff. And if we don't have it, you can be sure Cary does.