Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pugluver31902

Energy Tapioca Dinner Rolls

I just wanted to pop in here and say I could not live without these!!! I first had them when they were served to me at a restraunt in Disney World. I had the waitress double check to make sure they were gluten free because they were that good! Now since I got home, I have been ordering them off A.M.A.Z.O.N. where they ship free. I will have to admit, I can't get them to taste nearly as good as Disney did though. As dinner rolls, they seem to come out a bit dry for me. BUT....I use them for EVERYTHING else. Personally, I think they don't even compare to other gluten free bread products. I really am not a fan of any of the other energy bread products, but I love LOVE LOVE these! I keep them in the freezer as I hear they tend to mold fast. 15 Secs in the microwave and then pop it into the toaster. I use them for grilled cheese sandwhiches, toast, and with cream cheese on top. I even use them to make sandwiches for my non gluten free friends, and they all love them. If you decided to try them, I highly recommend toasting them first. They taste SO much better.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I absolutely agree. I love these so much. I like to nuke them and put honey on them. The first time I tried one was at our store and I cried. I sell them now and whenever someone comes in to look at the foods I sell I make sure and tell them how great these are.MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

jennyj

Diagnosed March 2006 celiac sprue

Severe iron deficent anemia Jan 2002

Hypoglecemia 2000

"I can do all things through Christ who strenghtens me"

Are these the ones that appear multrigrain or did I totally get screwed at Disney. I ordered a cheesesteak and I couldn't even choke it down cuz of the bread. Please tell me they changed their bread and you're talking abuot something new!!!

~Angie~

Gluten free since May 2004

I haven't seen them, I have the bread (white) here in my fridge, now I wanna try them!

I haven't had a dinner roll in... uh, months ;)B)

thanks puglover

Collette

Positive Bloodwork Oct 1st 2007. Gluten-free 3 YEARS Oct 1st!

Dairy & Soy free since Dec 1st 2007.

Potato free since January 3rd 2008.

Remaining Nightshades since April 1st 2008. Back on September 2010. :)

Developed Rice & Tapioca & Corn Intolerances...

NO Carageenan.

In a constant state of evolution... sending love! :)

I haven't seen them, I have the bread (white) here in my fridge, now I wanna try them!

I haven't had a dinner roll in... uh, months ;)B)

thanks puglover

I have literally eaten six packages in just over a month! I think they are sooooo much better than ANY bread product I have found. Im using them to make little sandwiches and stuff. I just toast them first.

So funny! I just got introduced to these at Disney World as well! And oh my GOD!!!!! They are so delicious!!! I totally welled up when I first tasted them and then proceeded to eat at least 2 at every meal! :) Our chef at breakfast gave me a great recipe I thought I'd share.... She had me make a cut on the bias and pipe gluten-free apple pie filling into it. Fry it quickly and then roll it in powdered sugar or cinnamon and sugar. Voila! You have an AMAZING jelly-filled donut!!!

Hope you enjoy as much as me!!! ( And, yes, I do hit the treadmill after every roll or I'd be a roll myself at this point!)

Jennifer