Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

elye

Hmmmm...how Did This Happen?....

Something has happened quite suddenly, and it's quite maddening not knowing how to fix it. I immediately tried hitting the "standard" button, but even this isn't fixing things. When I am composing a reply or a new post, the font is suddenly quite small (probably a "1"). I cannot change the font size....when I try to change to 2, I get the square brackets with "2". The emoticons are written in text, and I cannot underline or italicize anything. I get "i" in square brackets, and "u" in square brackets. I've obviously hit something that's put a new setting in. Anybody know how I did this?

Emily

diagnosed type one diabetic 1973

diagnosed celiac winter 2005

diagnosed hypothyroid spring 2006

But healthy and happy! 253.gif

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

The great are great only because we are on our knees.

--Pierre Joseph Proudhon (1809-1865)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Something has happened quite suddenly, and it's quite maddening not knowing how to fix it. I immediately tried hitting the "standard" button, but even this isn't fixing things. When I am composing a reply or a new post, the font is suddenly quite small (probably a "1"). I cannot change the font size....when I try to change to 2, I get the square brackets with "2". The emoticons are written in text, and I cannot underline or italicize anything. I get "i" in square brackets, and "u" in square brackets. I've obviously hit something that's put a new setting in. Anybody know how I did this?

Emily,

As you know, you most likely will have to wait for Peter or Tom. :rolleyes: I am of no help, sorry.

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

Is it possible you somehow got into the "lo-fi version" of the forum?

Hmmmmmm dunno if that'd even explain it.

>>>>>>> tom <<<<<<<

Celiac 1st diagnosed as a toddler, in the 60s. Docs then, between bloodletting & leech-tending, said "he'll grow out of it" & I was back on gluten & mostly fine for 30yrs.

Gluten-free since 12-03

Dairy-free since 10-04

Soy-free since 5-07

What's happening certainly seems to suggest "lo-fi". There's a low and high version? Is it a button I could have inadvertently hit? How do I switch it?

....Maybe it's the Chrome in my registration... :rolleyes:<_<

Emily

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

....Maybe it's the Chrome in my registration... :rolleyes:<_<

I was going to ask if it started when you "disable" something to fix your other problem. . . ?

Emily! Please don't break the forum!

Janet

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.

animal0028.gif

Emily--

Maybe PM Scott? Coulda been the Chrome thing, too. But you've been ok since you got that figured out, right? :unsure:

I see other sillies scooted over here to weigh in :lol:

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

OK, I see Patti is posting too (no HubbaHubba, though). . . let's see if we have the same answer . . .

When you are in the posting mode window, at the upper right is a button with two (circular?) arrows on it. It toggles between standard and rich text editors. Try clicking that button.

Janet

animal0028.gif

OK, I see Patti is posting too (no HubbaHubba, though). . . let's see if we have the same answer . . .

Nope--your answer was much better! :D

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

Aha!!! My money's on Janet's solution.

I don't have that button while using the Sidekick.

>>>>>>> tom <<<<<<<

Celiac 1st diagnosed as a toddler, in the 60s. Docs then, between bloodletting & leech-tending, said "he'll grow out of it" & I was back on gluten & mostly fine for 30yrs.

Gluten-free since 12-03

Dairy-free since 10-04

Soy-free since 5-07

When you are in the posting mode window, at the upper right is a button with two (circular?) arrows on it. It toggles between standard and rich text editors. Try clicking that button.

Hey!! :o:):)

Janet!!

I thought you were just a Maths Lady...you're also a High-tech Queen! It done worked!! I am certain I hit every button but that one in the far upper-right. So this is rich text, huh? I bow to your expertise, and will remember you now as knowing your way around the virtual world...

Thanks!!

Emily

Aha!!! My money's on Janet's solution.

I don't have that button while using the Sidekick.

Pay up! :);)

Emily

Pay up! :);)

:lol: huh? :unsure:

Does the phrase "my money's on ____" mean the opposite in 'see-eh?-en-eh?-dee-eh?' or what???????

Ya Silly Canuck!!!!! :P

>>>>>>> tom <<<<<<<

Gluten-free since 12-03

Dairy-free since 10-04

Soy-free since 5-07

Emily, in the version you saw today, what you were seeing with those square brackets is the raw BBCode format tags. For those who are familiar with BBCode, it is possible to do things in that mode that are difficult or impossible to achevieve in the other mode.

Click here for the Wikipedia article about BBCode.

Even in the "normal" mode you can insert BBCode tags. I do it all the time, but of course you only ever see the results.

When you click on the preview post button, all the valid tags are processed into their effects; if any remain it is because they are mismatched or otherwise invalid.

Peter

Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000. I was retested five years later and the biopsy was normal. You can beat this disease!

Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986

Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator since 2007

Emily, in the version you saw today, what you were seeing with those square brackets is the raw BBCode format tags. For those who are familiar with BBCode, it is possible to do things in that mode that are difficult or impossible to achevieve in the other mode.

Click here for the Wikipedia article about BBCode.

Even in the "normal" mode you can insert BBCode tags. I do it all the time, but of course you only ever see the results.

When you click on the preview post button, all the valid tags are processed into their effects; if any remain it is because they are mismatched or otherwise invalid.

Did you see that???!!!!?? Peter couldn't just let ME be right!!!! He had to go and be MORE right than ME!!!!

:lol::lol::lol:

Janet

animal0028.gif