This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

I Need Prayers

ptkds

ptkds Community Regular

Hey everyone,

My eyes started getting blurry this morning off to one side, so I called my dr's office since it wasn't the first time. They told me to get my eyes checked out first at the eye dr's. So I did. The eye dr dialated my eyes, and discoverd that the blood vessels in the back of my right eye are very tiny. My eyes were just dialated last year and they were fine. She said it is something systemic and I need to see my PCP. I have a call in to them and am waiting to see when I can go in. I have also been having lots of headaches. So, I am started to get really scared.

Please pray that they will quickly find out what is going on and that I will be fine. My kids need me, and I am scared.

Thanks

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jerseyangel Proficient

Oh sweety, I will say a prayer right now that you find out quickly what the problem is and that is easily treated. :)

Try not to panic, and let us know how you do.

cruelshoes Enthusiast

You got it. I hope they find a quick and easy resolution. It is scary to think of something going wrong with ones eyes.

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

You are in my thoughts. Keep us posted!

Joni63 Collaborator

I will certainly say a prayer for you. Try not to worry and just take one day at a time.

Cheri A Contributor

((hugs)) and prayers of comfort, peace, and healing.

Guhlia Rising Star

You and your family will be in our nightly prayers. Please keep us up to date with what's going on.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

ravenwoodglass Mentor

I hope they figure it out soon, you are in my prayers and please let us know how you are doing.

(((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))

Krista

elye Community Regular

....Been thinking about you all day.... :):)

Any news?

ptkds Community Regular

I am going in on Friday morning. They are completely booked until then. I will push him to do a CT scan or MRI to check everything out. I will update you all when I know something.

Thanks for all the support!

Green12 Enthusiast

I'll keep you in my thoughts, hope all goes well with your appt on Friday :)

ravenwoodglass Mentor
I am going in on Friday morning. They are completely booked until then. I will push him to do a CT scan or MRI to check everything out. I will update you all when I know something.

Thanks for all the support!

Will be thinking of you, hope all goes well.

confused Community Regular

Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Please update us tommorow.

paula

jerseyangel Proficient

Good luck tomorrow--we're all behind you! :D

ptkds Community Regular

Thanks for all the support guys! That really helps me feel better.

I went to the dr yesterday. He wanted me to go to another eye dr that works at my insurance companies clinic and have them dialate my eyes and check them. I told him that I didnt want to and that I trust the dr I went to see. She did a very thorough exam, and I wanted an MRI or CT scan. He finally agreed to order an MRI. I will have it done next week sometime. He seemed convinced it was something wrong with my eye, when the eye dr said it wasn't my eye. I think he was just trying to do what the insurance company would want him to do. They don't like paying for MRI's without a really good reason :angry: . So I guess the possibility of an aneurysm or brain tumor isn't a good enough reason for them!

I hate HMO's.

I will update when I find out the results of the MRI.

Thanks!

mommida Enthusiast

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

(((HUGS)))

Lisa Mentor

Thinking of you and many well wishes coming your way.

• 2 weeks later...
ptkds Community Regular

I just wanted to update you guys.

The MRI came back negative. My dr suggested that maybe I was anemic and I needed to take a multi-vitamin.

Needless to say, I am switching dr.s I have an appointment with an Osteopath/Family Practictioner on the 18th. Hopefully, I will get some answers. I am going to write up a list of ALL my symptoms to take to him so I won't forget anything.

Thanks for all the support! You guys are great!

mommida Enthusiast

This may be off the wall, but have you been tested for pernicous anemia?

gfcookie Newbie
Hey everyone,

My eyes started getting blurry this morning off to one side, so I called my dr's office since it wasn't the first time. They told me to get my eyes checked out first at the eye dr's. So I did. The eye dr dialated my eyes, and discoverd that the blood vessels in the back of my right eye are very tiny. My eyes were just dialated last year and they were fine. She said it is something systemic and I need to see my PCP. I have a call in to them and am waiting to see when I can go in. I have also been having lots of headaches. So, I am started to get really scared.

Please pray that they will quickly find out what is going on and that I will be fine. My kids need me, and I am scared.

Thanks

do you take any daily meds like steroids? I'm on steroids, and since i've started them, my eyes went completely wacky and i need glasses. Good luck and try not to stress too much!

ptkds Community Regular

No, I haven't been tested for Pernicious Anemia. What kind of testing do they have to do for that?

mommida Enthusiast

The start of testing should be a Complete Blood Count.

Other blood tests would be done looking for...

intrinsic factor and parietal cell antibodies

bilirubin, potassium or cholesterol levels in the blood

serum iron and iron binding capacity.

There is a strong link to Celiac or any type of intestinal lack of absorbing B12.

If there were any test results that made this present doctor suggest you "maybe have anemia" may be used to order the need for further testing.

Laura

Archived