This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Bring Back The A. L. C. A. T

dbmamaz

dbmamaz Explorer

So, if you spell out the A. L CAT test all together, it gets replaced by the text 'lame advertising' or something like that. Well, ok, maybe they pissed someone off with their ads, but they're gone from here now. Its a test similar to the eliza test, it tests for a lot of food, and people have had good experiences with it. i believe people on this forum should be free to discuss this test without having to type wierd or put up with their posts being altered. I mentioned the test and someone asked about it,a nd her response was mangled, and her reaction was that she doesnt want to be part of a board where her words are altered.

Please, does this have to continue? Can we stop the madness and get back to freedom of speech?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Glutenfreefamily Enthusiast

I dont believe anyone on here is against al-cat testing its just probably part of the board rules that advertising isnt allowed on here. You can put in your profile though. This is more than a forum, the main part of this site is a business and many websites on here cant be listed other than just that type of testing as many other business websites also have this kind of rule. Scott's just nice and allows us a forum. It would be a shame to lose you or other members over this. This is a good board with alot of helpful people who have had this diagnosis for many years.

Open Original Shared Link

dbmamaz Explorer

But they dont mess up the names of other labs which are often recomended - enterolabs, elisa (however its spelled), these can be named by name with no problem. So why only this test is singled out for altering?

I do appreciate your point that this is primarily a business website with a forum as a service

Glutenfreefamily Enthusiast

Im assuming there are a certain number of codes that was put in with the program and it accepts those. I personally have not heard of al-cat on here before and I have been a member for a little while and a lurker for a long time before I registered. There is also a lyme website that can be put on here either even though they dont sell anything.

I would put it on your profile and you can list it in being in your profile on your signature so other people can view it and pm you about it and you can list the website addy if you want :) Its hard I know, I have had many times on here myself where it would have been much easier just to link to it.

psawyer Proficient

There are a number of things that get translated, for various reasons.

If you are seeing "lame advertisement" it is because the board administrator has deemed that a link is inconsistent with the purpose of this board, or because of repeated attempts to directly promote it.

Your best bet for discussing this is to send a PM to Scott Adams, the owner of this board. He makes the rules. As moderators, we merely administer them on his behalf.

Scott's screen name is admin. If you are on the board's home page, at the bottom there is a link to the moderating team, just below the heading "board statistics." We are all there. Scott is the first one listed. Click on his user name to access his profile and send a PM.

tiffjake Enthusiast

Hey dbmamaz,

I am a big fan of the A.L.C.A.T. test, and I was around when someone (who may or may not have been directly connected to the company) spammed the message board with ads. It was pretty ugly. Scott replaced the word with lame advertisment because back then, it really was. I even called A.L.C.A.T. and told them that if they were behind the postings, that they were just hurting their rep around here.

I don't think Scott will take it off, but I won't speak for him :) Like psawyer said, just PM Scott if you want to ask him about it.

Tiff

debmidge Rising Star
There are a number of things that get translated, for various reasons.

If you are seeing "lame advertisement" it is because the board administrator has deemed that a link is inconsistent with the purpose of this board, or because of repeated attempts to directly promote it.

Your best bet for discussing this is to send a PM to Scott Adams, the owner of this board. He makes the rules. As moderators, we merely administer them on his behalf.

Scott's screen name is admin. If you are on the board's home page, at the bottom there is a link to the moderating team, just below the heading "board statistics." We are all there. Scott is the first one listed. Click on his user name to access his profile and send a PM.

To all:

I understand Peter's point and want to further the thought by saying that it could be that this forum is in an advertising contract with companies who might be making it a contractual thing that the competitors are not mentioned in the forum. So it could be that the Al-CAT name gets obscured due to a contractual obligation on the part of the celiac.com forum.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

dbmamaz Explorer

Thanks for all the responses, you have enlightened me a lot. I may or may not message Scott, but I appreciate being shown that option. For now, i'll just do the dots - i actually mistakenly thought the dots werent enuf, but i see now that they are.

thanks again

Scott Adams Grand Master

Hello,

There are no contracts that cause it to be changed to "Lame Advertisement." They were warned and ignored our warnings about advertising their tests on this forum--they continued despite being warned and were banned--just like A-m-a-z-o-n.com was.

If these companies are dumb enough to do things like this--completely ignore a board's rules and then ignore warnings about breaking the rules--they deserve to be banned.

In my opinion both organizations mentioned here are nothing more than spammers. Most of our members don't realize just how rampant spamming boards like this is, and that we must ban spammers almost daily to prevent this board from overrun by them. In the case of A-m-a-z-o-n they spammed the board on and off for many years until they were banned--they were warned several times.

Take care,

Scott

Archived