Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

imsohungry

Uggghh...you Guys

I have never had a problem with the gluten free pasta either.. we have been using de boles since they have it at the walmart for like 2 dollars cheaper than what i can get at the health food store...Maybe i havent had a problem with it cuz my boyfriend sean does all the cooking?? :P Honestly i gave up cooking when i went gluten free, cuz i couldnt get anything to turn out right, from pies, to just food, nothing was ever "good" so now he cooks, and i am starting to enjoy food again!

You'll get the hang of it! I have some foolproof recipes for dinner that are yummy if you'd like to try returning to the kitchen.

I was having trouble finding other grains,but I made quiniao for dinner the other day and it was great. I also picked up som corn-quinia pasta. I havent made it to my tiny health food store yet - i'm kinda holding my breath until whole foods opens .. . they've started construction!!

Ok, i've been off gluten and dairy for 2 mo and i'm trying to wean my 11 yo off gluten, and i've also recently had some testing which put me off rice and almond - so tomorrow i'm going to try to make something (?) with corn elbow noodles, a cream sauce made from coconut milk flavored w garlic and mustard powder, and a little shredded vegan gourmet cheddar

So if you folks remember, I made it and it was . .. ok. Kid wouldnt eat it except on top of his hot dog, and i found it edible but not exciting.

Well, this morning I was cooking up some new uncured turkey bacon and suddenly thought about how some people are now breading and deep-frying leftover mac-n-cheese . . . so I took my frozen leftover portion of my experiment out of the freezer, thawed slightly, sliced and browned in some shortening in the bacon pan . . . ooh, it was good! It was soft on the inside and crispy on the outside and creamy and slightly salty . . . how funny!

What a neat idea Cara! I'll have to remember that. When I make grits, even if they are lumpy, I save the leftovers and add a little breakfast meat and fry the grits the next morning. It is fun to experiment with cooking!

Sorry the original didn't turn out as planned, but it sounds like you made the best of it! B)

-Julie