Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Corihere2

Endoscopy And Colonoscopy Done!

Hi All,

I am just here to report that my double procedure went well yesterday. I passed out and don't remember a darn thing, so that's great! They said everything looked good and he removed a couple polyps from both the upper and lower, so I await any news on those (but he didn't have reason for concern).

Now that I am clear on Celiac we are onto some other explanation for my weight loss and urgent bathroom visits. The doc said his biopsies might show some other explanation for what's going on, but that remains to be seen.

I wish I could figure this thing out!

Thanks for the support,

Cori

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

You really can't tell about celiac until the lab has seen the biopsies. The damage is microscopic and cannot be seen by the naked eye. When my GI did my biopsy he said at first that he didn't see any celiac damage. But when the lab looked at the slides the villi were completely flattened.

If your doctor doesn't find another explanation and you're still miserable, you should try going gluten-free anyway.

richard

Celiac cannot be seen by the naked eye. When my endo was done, the gi doc only saw red patches. He took biopsies from those patches, and the lab found celiac under the microscope. I was fortunate, in that I had been gluten-free since Feb, and the endo was done in Sept. There still was damage after all that time. You could very well still be gluten intolerant, so if you do not get answers or relief, you still might consider going gluten-free. I hope the polyps are not something serious!