Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AliB

Chronic Fatigue - Symptom Of Celiac?

I have friends with Chronic Fatigue. Some have stomach problems, some not. Can Chronic Fatigue on its own be a symptom of Celiac or would it always be accompanied by stomach problems?

Ali - 50 - struggled with what I now know to be GI symptoms and poor carb digestion for at least 35 years! Diabetic type II (1997). Mother undx Celiac - lifelong diabetic Type 1 & anemic (plus 1 stillborn and 10 miscarriages after me). Father definitely very GI.

Stopped gluten & dairy, Jan 08, but still other issues so dropped most carbs and sugar and have been following the Specific Carb Diet (SCD) since March 08. Recovery slow but steady and I can now eat a much broader range of foods especially raw which are good for my digestion and boost my energy level.

Not getting better? Try the SCD - it might just change your life.........

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Fatigue (& joint pain) were also my hubby's biggest symptoms (not stomach probs)......doctors were talking about Chronic Fatigue before his diagnosis of coeliac finally turned up :)

It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required - Sir Winston Churchill

Nikki

Son diagnosed with Coeliac Disease Oct 2006 by biopsy (at age 13yrs)

black_cat.gif