Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dandelionmom

Cream Filled Cupcakes?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Make cupcakes, bake, then using a pastry bag, while they are not, push through with a cream filled mix. Using a combination of a bit of butter/dairy-free margarine, icing sugar, a bit of extract and milk or dairy-free milk to thin it out is perfect.

I don't know what a cupcake like that you are talking about tastes like... Never had that sort of thing, but these are for delicious, cream filled cupcakes.

Gluten-free, Vegan

I use a paring knife and make a hole in the top of the cupcake and dig out some of the cake. Then I fill with whipped cream using a pastry bag. Then I frost them and store them in the refrigerator. There's a recipe and instructions for doing this at glutenfreeda.com. They are a lot of work but very tasty. :D I send these with my son to daycare and even the gluten eaters love them.

Jenny

Son 6 yrs old, Positive blood work, Outstanding dietary response, no biopsy.

Household mostly gluten free since 3/07

Me: HLA-DQ 02 & 0302 (DQ 08), which I ran & analyzed myself!Currently gluten lite, negative tTG, asymptomatic

Before going gluten-free I was a snack cake addict! It is almost my birthday and I'm hoping to make a Hostess Cupcake knockoff. What do you think, is this doable? Suggestions?

I think it's doable. I'm not sure if you want the (delicious) chocalate icing on top. I would have no idea how to do that. But I just made Gluten Free Pantry's vanilla cake mix and it was SO good.

I don't know that I would add the filling when the cupcakes are hot...perhaps out of the oven awhile and still warm. And then add your filling (you wouldn't want the filling to melt and run back out the hole).

Good luck to you and let us know how it turns out. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :P

-Julie

Loves of my life: God, my hubby, and my baby boy!

"I will never give up on my dreams; I will simply modify my path for reaching them." (JH-me).

"Life's a dance you learn as you go, sometimes you lead, sometimes you follow"

(John Michael Montgomery).

"I'm gonna be somebody, one of these days I'm gonna break these chains" (Travis Tritt).

"Life is better left to chance. I could have missed the pain, but I'd have had to miss the dance."

(Garth Brooks).

If you want a slightly easier way than stuffing a dozen or so cupcakes, i often make a tube pan cake, cut off the top 1/4, scoop out a trough, fill with filling and put the top back on. THen you can frost the top. It looks like a giant donut and tastes great!

Cara - 42, mom to dd 15, ds 12, ds 4

Off gluten and dairy (and tapioca ;-( ) since 11/07

A.L.C.A.T. test showed over 50 sensitive foods

Celiac panel came back negative.

Regular allergy testing reacted to every inhalant and all but 6 foods.

Slowly adding in foods, started w 19 and now have 25