Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dh204

Continental Airlines

Hi everyone,

Thought you all might like to know that Continental Airlines offers a gluten-free/lactose free meal on international flights.

I was quite surprised because I had called to order a gluten-free meal - most airlines offer either gluten-free OR dairy-free, not both, so it was quite nice to discover that the meal was both gluten-free and lactose free.

The meal was not bad either - for lunch it was fish with rice, some sort of carrot salad, a couple of packs of rice crackers, and some sort of baked apple for dessert, plus a soy pudding. The snack just before landing was eggs (though I wonder if they weren't more like Egg Beaters or something, as they had a strange texture) with mushrooms and tomatoes. The sticker on the meals was marked "gluten-free-NLML" which I am assuming means "Gluten-Free - No Lactose Meal".

This was on a flight from Paris CDG to New York-Newark.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hi everyone,

Thought you all might like to know that Continental Airlines offers a gluten-free/lactose free meal on international flights.

I was quite surprised because I had called to order a gluten-free meal - most airlines offer either gluten-free OR dairy-free, not both, so it was quite nice to discover that the meal was both gluten-free and lactose free.

The meal was not bad either - for lunch it was fish with rice, some sort of carrot salad, a couple of packs of rice crackers, and some sort of baked apple for dessert, plus a soy pudding. The snack just before landing was eggs (though I wonder if they weren't more like Egg Beaters or something, as they had a strange texture) with mushrooms and tomatoes. The sticker on the meals was marked "gluten-free-NLML" which I am assuming means "Gluten-Free - No Lactose Meal".

This was on a flight from Paris CDG to New York-Newark.

My best friend is a flight attendant for the and they have gluten-free meals on all flights, you just have to ask for it when you book yor ticket! :)

all my life i have had an oat allergy.

gluten-free 5/2005.

active yeast free since... don't remember.

refined sugar free 5/2010.