• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Barbara A

I Thought Corn Was Safe - Confused

Rate this topic

I am confused as I thought corn was a safe product and gluten free. I have been eating corn chips, corn flat bread,

etc. Does corn just bother some people? Most of the time I feel good but I do have a few questionable days. I am new so please help as this is confusing. I feel so bad for people with gluten and corn intolerence - not sure what you can eat! I also have another problem with eating which is those lunch time work parties, award dinners, etc where you don't know people well enough to say you have an allergy not anorexia. Thanks for your help.

Corn is gluten-free, but some people with celiac disease are also intolerant to other foods. Corn and soy are common as other intolerances. You may have a problem with corn as well as with gluten. It is also possible that the corn products that you are eating are contaminated with wheat. A number of people here have reported problems after eating Fritos. I personally have eaten them and have never experienced a problem.

Shortly after going wheat free, my doctor told me also i needed to avoid dairy, soy, and corn because they started to give me problems too. She explained that for many, other food intolerances become present after giving up wheat.

Try giving it up for about a month and see how you feel. Good luck.

Amy

Barbara A.,

Corn is gluten free I agree. But, it is universally contaminated with mold and mycotoxins that are not destroyed by heat. This includes popcorn. Also, Bt corn and other gmo have changed corn so much that it is not good for anyone to eat anymore. The Bt corn (starlink) was originally genetically designed to only be fed to animals and not humans. Unfortunately the winds blew and cross contamination of the pollen got on all the corn. Within a few years all corn tested had the Bt gene in it. I strongly advise staying away from corn of any sort.

ML

Guest Lore
I am confused as I thought corn was a safe product and gluten free. I have been eating corn chips, corn flat bread,

etc. Does corn just bother some people? Most of the time I feel good but I do have a few questionable days. I am new so please help as this is confusing. I feel so bad for people with gluten and corn intolerence - not sure what you can eat! I also have another problem with eating which is those lunch time work parties, award dinners, etc where you don't know people well enough to say you have an allergy not anorexia. Thanks for your help.

Barbara,

As most people are saying, many of those with Celiac develop other food allergies as well. Recently I've noticed corn bothering me as well.

As far as eating in organized events, such as a lunch work function or an awards ceremony, there is no need to feel ashamed. Why make yourself feel terrible just to not rock the boat? Go ahead and talk to someone before the event to let them know about your allergy. You can't help what you can't eat, so you may as well make the best of it and do what's right for you. At first it seems like a hassle, but over time you learn to accept what you have and make the best of it- that is the only thing you can do. I am a reporter for my college newspaper and was recently asked to cover a health care symposium that a former surgeon general spoke at. I got there and there was a banquet room set up for everyone to have lunch while we watched his speech. Obviously the first thing I thought when I sat down was that I probably could not eat any of the food. So I found the catering manager and let her know what I could not eat and they quickly prepared something for me. It's not a hassle and people generally understand. Good luck.

Barbara,

As most people are saying, many of those with Celiac develop other food allergies as well. Recently I've noticed corn bothering me as well.

As far as eating in organized events, such as a lunch work function or an awards ceremony, there is no need to feel ashamed. Why make yourself feel terrible just to not rock the boat? Go ahead and talk to someone before the event to let them know about your allergy. You can't help what you can't eat, so you may as well make the best of it and do what's right for you. At first it seems like a hassle, but over time you learn to accept what you have and make the best of it- that is the only thing you can do. I am a reporter for my college newspaper and was recently asked to cover a health care symposium that a former surgeon general spoke at. I got there and there was a banquet room set up for everyone to have lunch while we watched his speech. Obviously the first thing I thought when I sat down was that I probably could not eat any of the food. So I found the catering manager and let her know what I could not eat and they quickly prepared something for me. It's not a hassle and people generally understand. Good luck.

Hi Barbara,

Corn is gluten free. But it is universally impregnated with mold that produces mycotoxins. And, most of the corn now is contaminated with the Bt gene that was originally intended only for animal feed.

I was thinking of posting the evidence here at some point.... to warn those of the terrible things that can happen from eating too much corn.

Do you think people are ready for it?

ML

By all means post it! Those of us "into" it would like very much to see what you have.

thanks

Ken

Hi Barbara,

Corn is gluten free. But it is universally impregnated with mold that produces mycotoxins. And, most of the corn now is contaminated with the Bt gene that was originally intended only for animal feed.

I was thinking of posting the evidence here at some point.... to warn those of the terrible things that can happen from eating too much corn.

Do you think people are ready for it?

ML

By all means post it! Those of us "into" it would like very much to see what you have.

thanks

Ken

Ken,

I can give you a link for my last series on a thread of the old YC. Read the whole thread starting at page one to see all the questions and answers and additions. Some are convinced and some are not.

I just recently heard that Billy G. has been in this hospital for months now and they just keep giving him blood as they cannot figure out why his intestines are bleeding and they cannot find the leaks. I wish I could somehow get to him or a family member to help. When I posted this on another site recently, many chimed in to tell me they knew of a relative that had this condition and were in the hospital.

I have heard that they have recently started splicing another gene similar to Bt but even more deadly. This will continue.

Here is the link and if you think it is worthwhile I will post here. You may have to copy and paste as I don't know how to make it a hyperlink. Sorry.

Moldlady (same name and pic on the YC site)

http://www.websitetoolbox.com/tool/post/ki...03&trail=15