Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

n2nico

Chocolate Advent Calendar

I feel so bad. Since December 1, I have been letting my four sons eat their traditional chocolate advent calendars. My four-year-old son with celiac disease has had diarrhea ad tummy aches for over a week. He looks so skinny. I have been racking my brain as to what's been making him sick. I just checked the ingredients on the advent calendar and found the culprit. Whoops! We'll let him have a cholate kiss every day until Christmas instead.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

What brand is the advent calendar? I have one from Sherwood brands. I didn't see anything obvious on the ingredient list, but it did have flavors I think. I looked on the website, but no phone number and the email submission form didn't work (good grief!) I hadn't thought about this. Anyway, she's been sharing with two brothers, so she only gets one every two days, but I guess I should be safe and just have her do hershey's kisses too!

:D such a wonderful tradition--we never had an advent calendar, but i would stick some little thing in my kid's stockings everyday and they loved that--my kids are all in their own homes now--well, my daughter lives with her dad and she is so disappointed, she cant find her stocking--i knitted them stockings and embroidered their names on them when they were small--they are probably all 20 yrs old now--the stockings :lol: the kids are older--hehe---merry christmas :D deb