jayhawkmom

Burger King Tacos?

Rate this topic

Anyone have any clue whether or not these are gluten-free?? I've searched high and low online, and BK doesn't even list them on their website. They are listed under "regional favorites" and show nutritional information, but not ingredients.

Just curious to see if anyone has any confirmation on their gluten-free status. Thank you.

(corn tortilla, meat, cheese, hot sauce, lettuce)

I can't confirm anything for you but, seriously, the risk of cross contamination is GREAT.

Yep, I'm totally aware of that. I was just hoping that perhaps... on a long shot, *something* at a fast food restaurant *might* be ok.

FF usually isn't my first choice, but DH was heading there this evening - and I was hoping he could bring me back something. No desire to cook this evening.

Ahhhhhhh well.

Don't know about Burger King, haven't eaten there since going gluten-free. I remember their taco's as being different from other fast food taco's. The meat was more like home made taco meat, ie. like ground beef seasoned with taco seasoning, as opposed to mystery meat.

Not that I don't love mystery meat. I eat Jack in the Box taco's quite often, with no ill effects. They use a special dedicated fryer for their taco's (at least our's does). That's the only thing I eat there.

The basic problem with any taco's would be the possible use of wheat flour as a thickening agent in the meat, and/or the potential cross contamination from cooking the shell in the same oil as flour containing products. Either at the restaurant, or at the supply source. Of course there's always the problem of workers touching the taco's with gloves contaminated by touching flour containing products (usually flour tortillas or hamburger buns). I definately wouldn't recommend it for the overly sensitive or overly squeamish (is that a word?).

I've also eaten the taco's at Taco Bell and Taco Bueno.

best regards, lm

Yep, I'm totally aware of that. I was just hoping that perhaps... on a long shot, *something* at a fast food restaurant *might* be ok.

FF usually isn't my first choice, but DH was heading there this evening - and I was hoping he could bring me back something. No desire to cook this evening.

Ahhhhhhh well.

We all have days like that .... since moving I miss my freezer which was ideal... even frozen and microwaved taco's are better than risking it IMHO ... but good luck all the same

I just found the ingredients and it says they use a flour tortilla.

INGREDIENTS

TACO: Filling: Water, Beef, Textured Vegetable Protein [Soy Flour, Caramel Color, Zinc Oxide, Ferrous Sulfate, Niacinamide, Calcium Pantothenate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (B6), Riboflavin (B2), Thiamine Mononitrate (B1), Vitamin A Palmitate and Cyanocobalamin (B12)], Taco Seasoning (White Corn Flour, Maltodextrin, Modified Tapioca Starch, Salt, Dehydrated Onion, Paprika, Spices, Chili Pepper, Garlic Powder, Sugar, Caramel Color, Citric Acid, Autolyzed Yeast, Natural Flavors, Yeast Extract, Disodium Inosinate and Disodium Guanylate). Tortilla: Water, Tortilla Flour (Stoneground Corn Masa Flour, Cellulose Gum, Mono & Diglycerides, Trace of Lime).