Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Coolfluke

Newbie Introduction

Hi,I am a 39 mum of tow boys aged two and four. I live on the beautiful island of Malta which is situated in the Mediterranean.

I have a doctor`s(one of the best qualified regarding Celiac disease) appointment on Wednesday and cannot wait to see what he has to say about my symptoms.

I suffer from psoriasis, dry skin, headaches, diarrhea, asthma, joint pain, very lethargic, heartburn, gas and abdominal pain I am also very overweight.

I get my worst bouts of diarrhea after I eat bread and/or drink milk. :(

I get cravings like mad and I tend to bing on bread and milk. :angry:

Since I started to make connections I realized that I must have some sort of allergy and I started to look into this extremely informative site I realized that I might have Celiac disease.

What do you all think?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hi, and welcome to these boards. That you appear to be addicted to bread and milk is already a good indication that you are likely intolerant to both of those. Your symptoms are very telling as well.

If you plan on getting proper testing done, make sure you don't eliminate gluten from your diet until after you are done with testing. Because otherwise you may end up with false negatives.

Then, after the testing, you ought to give the gluten-free diet a try, regardless of the test outcomes. That will be also when you need to eliminate dairy and soy, at least for a while, to give your intestines a chance to heal.

I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------