• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

mom2one

I Have The Enterolabs Results. What Do You Think?

Rate this topic

Well I have received my results. I would love to hear other opinions. I know what mine is and I know what I need to do. I guess I need someone to confirm it..lol I see the GI on the 11th, Not sure if he will take these results?

If you don't mind, can you tell me this. I know you can have the celiac gene and never have celiac, but can you have the gluten sensitivity gene and never become gluten sensitivie?

A) Gluten Sensitivity Stool and Gene Panel Complete *Best test/best value

Fecal Antigliadin IgA 16 (Normal Range <10 Units)

Fecal Antitissue Transglutaminase IgA 7 Units (Normal Range <10 Units)

Quantitative Microscopic Fecal Fat Score 1468 Units (Normal Range <300 Units)

Fecal anti-casein (cow's milk) IgA antibody 6 Units (Normal Range <10 Units)

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0301

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (Subtype 2,7)

Interpretation of Fecal Antigliadin IgA: Intestinal antigliadin IgA antibody was elevated, indicating that you have active dietary gluten sensitivity. For optimal health, resolution of symptoms (if you have them), and prevention of small intestinal damage and malnutrition, osteoporosis, and damage to other tissues (like nerves, brain, joints, muscles, thyroid, pancreas, other glands, skin, liver, spleen, among others), it is recommended that you follow a strict and permanent gluten free diet. As gluten sensitivity is a genetic syndrome, you may want to have your relatives screened as well.

Interpretation of Fecal Antitissue Transglutaminase IgA: The level of intestinal IgA antibodies to the human enzyme tissue transglutaminase was below the upper limit of normal, and hence, there is no evidence of a gluten-induced autoimmune reaction.

Interpretation of Quantitative Microscopic Fecal Fat Score: A fecal fat score greater than or equal to 300 Units indicates there is an increased amount of dietary fat in the stool which usually is due to gluten-induced small intestinal malabsorption/damage when associated with gluten sensitivity. Values between 300-600 Units are mild elevations, 600-1000 Units moderate elevations, and values greater than 1000 Units are severe elevations. Any elevated fecal fat value should be rechecked in one year after treatment to ensure that it does not persist because chronic fat malabsorption is associated with osteoporosis among other nutritional deficiency syndromes.

Interpretation of Fecal anti-casein (cow's milk) IgA antibody: Levels of fecal IgA antibody to a food antigen greater than or equal to 10 are indicative of an immune reaction, and hence immunologic "sensitivity" to that food. For any elevated fecal antibody level, it is recommended to remove that food from your diet. Values less than 10 indicate there currently is minimal or no reaction to that food and hence, no direct evidence of food sensitivity to that specific food. However, because 1 in 500 people cannot make IgA at all, and rarely, some people can still have clinically significant reactions to a food antigen despite the lack of a significant antibody reaction (because the reactions primarily involve T cells), if you have an immune syndrome or symptoms associated with food sensitivity, it is recommended that you try a strict removal of suspect foods from your diet for up to 12 months despite a negative test.

Interpretation Of HLA-DQ Testing: HLA-DQB1 gene analysis reveals that you have one of the main genes that predisposes to gluten sensitivity and celiac sprue, HLA-DQB1*0201 or HLA-DQB1*0302. Each of your offspring has a 50% chance of receiving this gene from you, and at least one of your parents passed it to you. You also have a non-celiac gene predisposing to gluten sensitivity (any DQ1, DQ2 not by HLA-DQB1*0201, or DQ3 not by HLA-DQB1*0302). Having one celiac gene and one gluten sensitive gene, means that each of your parents, and all of your children (if you have them) will possess at least one copy of a gluten sensitive gene. Having two copies also means there is an even stronger predisposition to gluten sensitivity than having one gene and the resultant immunologic gluten sensitivity or celiac disease may be more severe.

Well, here goes my take:

You have severe malabsorption. Not good, and it indicates that your villi are in bad shape, maybe flat already.

You may be IgA deficient, hence that reading is low.

You have one of the officially recognized celiac disease genes, and one of the gluten sensitive genes.

I say you better be 100% gluten-free as of right now. And even though your score for dairy isn't that high, it would be wise to eliminate dairy and soy for the time being as well, in order to be able to heal. Because dairy can definitely stop your villi from healing.

Even though you don't seem to be casein intolerant (seem, as they say, you still may be), you are definitely lactose intolerant right now, as the tips of the villi are supposed to produce the enzyme lactase, which allows some people to digest dairy.

So, I say it is probably a given that you have celiac disease.

Thank you so much.

I send(fax) the test to the doc office and I have not heard from them, but then again the ladies at the desk stop talking my calls and who knows where the test are now. I started gluten free and well, I feel a difference, but really not sure.

I think I have been mised DX with RA and Lupus and so forth,(neg RF and ANA blood test) and some connective tissue issues, do you think it could of been the gluten all along.

What test did you order? I went to their site but was confused, I really just want a basic test and some were pricey.

I would take those results with you. It still is results pointing to gluten problems.

Thank you so much.

I send(fax) the test to the doc office and I have not heard from them, but then again the ladies at the desk stop talking my calls and who knows where the test are now. I started gluten free and well, I feel a difference, but really not sure.

I think I have been mised DX with RA and Lupus and so forth,(neg RF and ANA blood test) and some connective tissue issues, do you think it could of been the gluten all along.

I agree with Ursa fully. My signature kind of addresses the questions asked in this post. When I was diagnosed celiac, finally, I knew nothing about it other than that the doctor told me it was the cause of my D. When he told me not to be surprised if all my autoimmune disorders resolved I laughed at him and told him I was just glad the D was gone. Within 6 months I was pain and cane free for the first time in years. Was it all just gluten all those years? Yep it was, and we are talking progressive nerve damage that had gotten so bad I couldn't even feel when I needed to go to the bathroom till I was going and had my right leg was basically dead with no recordable nerve function on electromylogram or reflexes since childhood. I had joint and nerve damage from celiac for many years before the D set in for 15 years straight. I now function pretty well normally with just a bit of residual damage that still seems to be slowly resolving. I hope you get the same results. Don't waffle about the diet and don't let a doctor talk you out of it until you have given the diet a good strict try for at least a couple of months.

wow, I thought that after getting these results I would feel so much better, my doctors office has not given them to the doctor yet and when I called the girl grilled me about "who" ordered the test. I am in tears cause due to the conversation she basically told me I was crazy.

I can't even type what I have been Thur the last 2 years, but why would I want this, I just wanted a answer.

I am at lost of the way the girls at the office is treating me and I have no clue what they are telling the doctor. IF I don't get a call by 1pm Wednesday, I will be going it getting my records and finding a new doctor. ENOUGH.

If I was crazy why would I take a disease that I can fix with food and control. if I stayed on the path they have me on, I would be hooked up to Remacde(sp) and taking all kinds of medications.

I am even starting to feel better and can't wait to see how I feel one month from now.

I know for sure the GI will support me, but I won't see him until Monday.

Why, why why......

sorry to vent, but I know that many here have been Thur this.

ugh..

for fun I will list some of the DX I have received in the last 2 years, I will take the EBV one....lol

EBV

CFS

IBS w/constipation

GERD

Hinal Hernia

Depression

Anxiety

ADD

Connective tissue disease unknown

Muscles inflammation (poly something, no biopsy to confirm)

Weaken immune system

Undiagnosed auto immune disease

chronic sinus infection

eye infections

throat infections

ear infections

that's just a few....lol

oh today I guess they are going to add CRAZY!!!!!

What a jerk! I would find a new doctor. You PAY them to see you and they provide a service which obviously they aren't providing.

I've had severe depression and anxiety and I think it's gluten related from years of IBS. I also found out I have pre-diabetes which is scary but a kick in the butt. Our bodies talk to us and if we listen long enough you'll find your answers. Doctors seem to want to band-aid symptoms with zoloft and never find root causes. I've seen way toooo many and it's frustrating but keep pushing because you are worth it.