Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lisa

Super Bowl Predictions

Just for fun. What do you predict? Winning team and combined score:

My call....Patriots - 48 combined score.

(I'm really pulling for Eli)

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I am more into the commercials that air during the game! ha However, I guess I am going for the Patriots so that they can have a "perfect" season. I think that would be pretty cool.

-Jessica :rolleyes:

Jessica

Gluten Free since 12-31-2002!!

Kansas

Hubbie is a hard-core Giant's fan.....

So to be a good wife (LOL) I am going to go with Giants by 14 pts.

I am really watching to see Tom Petty at Halftime!

~~~~Gluten Free since 9/2004~~~~~~

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!

36_22_10[1].gif

As Eli Manning snubbed the Chargers when they drafted him :angry: and a couple of Patriots are former Chargers B) I guess I'll root for the Patriots. No longer football savvy enough to predict a point spread. :P

Sandi ~ learning to live in a world obsessed and infested with wheat.

"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows" probably was not referring to us . . .

"For the love of money gluten is a root of all sorts of evil, and some by longing for it have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs." (apologies to 1 Timothy 6:10 (NASB)

The person we most dislike is still a soul for whom Christ died. (David Jeremiah)

OK I know it's ridiculous but 19-13 Giants came to mind Tuesday.

If I get to make a second based-in-reality guess, I'd say 38-27 Patriots.

>>>>>>> tom <<<<<<<

Celiac 1st diagnosed as a toddler, in the 60s. Docs then, between bloodletting & leech-tending, said "he'll grow out of it" & I was back on gluten & mostly fine for 30yrs.

Gluten-free since 12-03

Dairy-free since 10-04

Soy-free since 5-07

I couldn't even begin to come up with a spread, as I never watch sports; but as a good NY'er.... GO GIANTS! ;)

Jillian

Positive Blood test and Biopsy

Inflamed stomach lining

Gluten free since July 6, 2005

Tarrytown, NY

"Sometimes being a b$tch is all a woman has to hold onto." - Dolores Claiborne

The game was so uneventful my company left after 1/2time :o (that's a good thing) :D

Kicking up now!!

Lisa

The last quarter was a great ball game.

Paula - you came the close, but Tom's early prediction was one point off (19-13=32). Final combined score was 31.

Good game

Lisa

OK I know it's ridiculous but 19-13 Giants came to mind Tuesday.

GREAT guess!

GREAT game! Not to often do you get to see a Superbowl game like that!

gluten-free 12/05

diagnosed with Lyme Disease 12/06

John is sooo happy! Giant's won!

Very good game, and the last quarter was awesome. Loved the surprise last play Eli had.

I think Eli is a good looking guy.

36_22_10[1].gif

So far Paula you are right on the money!!!

yep i know sports lol, im the biggest football fan there is, of vourse my team is the cheifs and 49ers but hubby has loved the giants since he was a little kid and i am so happy for him. We won alot from this game to, i won over 400 bucks with my 3 point win at the party we had today lol and hubby won so much to and so did my mom who did bets and an football thing lol.

paula

gluten, casein and soy free

on low carb/low sugar diet

I had to listen to the game at work and I was happy when the Giants scored the last touchdown that I scared my babies and co workers with my yelling. I am not by far a Giants fan because of the Cowboys, but I was rooting for the Giants and I got my wish. It makes more for an eventfull game for the underdog to bet the best team in America. B)

donna

Fecal Antigliadin IgA 21 (Normal Range <10 Units)

Fecal Antitissue Transglutaminase IgA 13 Units (Normal Range <10 Units)

Quantitative Microscopic Fecal Fat Score <300 Units (Normal Range <300 Units)

Fecal anti-casein (cow's milk) IgA antibody 12 Units (Normal Range <10 Units)

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0501

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0501

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 1,1 (Subtype 5,5)

You can teach an old dog new tricks!!!

yep i know sports lol, im the biggest football fan there is, of vourse my team is the cheifs and 49ers but hubby has loved the giants since he was a little kid and i am so happy for him. We won alot from this game to, i won over 400 bucks with my 3 point win at the party we had today lol and hubby won so much to and so did my mom who did bets and an football thing lol.

paula

Good job Paula!!!

You got your wish, more money for make-up :lol:

I wasn't really invested in either team, but it is nice to see the underdog come out victorious :D

I had to listen to the game at work and I was happy when the Giants scored the last touchdown that I scared my babies and co workers with my yelling. I am not by far a Giants fan because of the Cowboys, but I was rooting for the Giants and I got my wish. It makes more for an eventfull game for the underdog to bet the best team in America. B)

donna

Watched the first half with hubby with my feet up, dumb or what?? when I was going to the doc mid-game to complain about my swelling ankles!! Anyway, we don't really watch American football anymore, except for the Super Bowl (just to stay in touch), and also, we thought, for the commercials which is always the reason to watch the Super Bowl. We got to see one of the commercials (the sign language one) on Yahoo news, and just as well we did, because we get ESPN lite down here, when instead of showing the commercials they show trailers for upcoming downunder ESPN shows (well--they did make an effort to make them a little more entertaining than usual), but still, it really takes it away. Were glad the Giants beat the Pats; thought Brady was pretty pathetic in the main, and Eli's Houdini act followed by a perfect pass and perfect catch was really the play of the year. The Pats certainly did not look like the best team in America.

Neroli

Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973

Lactose free 1990

(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's

Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004

Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007

Soy free March 2008

Nightshade free Feb 2009

Citric acid free June 2009

Potato starch free July 2009

(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009

Legume free March 2010

Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

John is soo happy they won. I am too! The game was very close.

I thought it was nuts that the Patriots coach stormed off the field with a second to go. Showed his maturity level.

36_22_10[1].gif

I really loved the game and i was so happy for my hubby, superbowl is hard for him since his mom died 10 yrs ago during it right after the broncos made an touch down, and now that his brother is no longer alive, this was great for him. I also loved the game cause i didnt even have one drink and i ate what i was supposed to and felt great.

paula

The Manning family are great people. Can you imagine the celebration in that family. Great job Eli.

Lisa

The Mannings are wonderful. Did you see when they would show Peyton in the press box, he would stay in the corner. I thought that was cute.

They seem like such down to earth people.

36_22_10[1].gif

I love, love, LOVE Peyton Manning.

Did you hear when the announcers said Eli asked Peyton if he had any advice to give him and Peyton said I think we are past the point of me giving you any advice.

I love when one of eli's teammates talked after the game and said eli won the game for us, he is eli manning, he is not peytons little brother so please think of him as who he is, not his brother or his fathers child. Which i loved cause they need to think of him as an individual not another footballs superstars younger brother.

paula