Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

msserena

Safe & Forbidden Food & Ingredient List

Greetings all

Does any one know of a more accurate food list then what is on the website here?

I have emailed them a few times tonight on a few things that I have seen in the safe list that are not safe or vs

Example: Heinz 57 sauce, they have on the list as safe, which indeed is not safe due to the fact that it has malt vinger in it. Which is also listed as unsafe on this website.

I know I cant have that for sure it makes me sick for a week.

Also safe candy. M&M's are not mentioned on the safe list of candy( which also makes me sick) but yet they have it under DQ m&m blizzard ice cream as safe.

HMMM :wacko:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

;) there are as many food lists out there as there are forums-- you can go to www.clanthompson.com and view their list---i have a very good list from www.napervillegi.com/celiac --it is from the wheaton celiac support group of chicago--there is the delphi forums---type in gluten free food lists in google and see what you find----and as always--when in doubt--call the company---the napervillegi food list includes all the 800# for the different food companies---kraft is one company that will always list gluten grains on its label--there are many more--even posts in here that contain websites to go too--happy hunting--deb

I have to echo the "you can't depend on lists, you really need to read the labels and call on any questionable ingredients" sentiment. The reason many of those lists aren't 100% accurate is three fold: the time committment in keeping them updated, the potential for frequent changes in product formulation, and the variations by country. (For instance, that list won't work in Canada, because some companies have gluten in a product sold in one country and don't have gluten in the SAME product sold in another country. It's wacky.)

:P otay--we are all right---the list cant be trusted 100% but they are a very good base to start with and they do list companies that have bothered to reply--nothing is a 100% for we celiacs--BUT, many people have put a lot of time and effort into making these lists and they are here for us--i always look to the list for answers and then i do a follow up of reading the ingredients on the package :P deb