Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hello everyone. I'm new to this... both the board AND to gluten free. I've pretty much determined that I have either gluten intolerance or celiac. I'm not sure which but I've been gluten free for a week and ALL my physical symptoms are gone. I might even say that my emotional issues (such as anxiety) are improving. So.. basically, I don't want to eat gluten anymore. I haven't been to the doctor and honestly, I'm not sure I see the point in it. I have read that there is nothing they can do for it except tell you not to eat gluten. i can do that on my own ;-) Or, is there some reason to have a formal diagnosis that I should know of before I go too long gluten free..

Anyway. I'm glad there is a group, and I just wanted to say hello. :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Welcome!! You have found the best place to be!

I am there with you, by the time I went to the doctor I had been gluten-free for a month and that was that. If you feel better, stick with it. Good for you for figuring it out so that you can start to feel better!!!

Be yourself, everyone else is taken.

Oscar Wilde

Gluten free November 2007

IgA Deficient, Neg Bloodwork, Double DQ2 Positive

Dietary and Genetic Diagnosis June 2, 2008

Soy free Jan 09

HI. It's only been a few weeks for me. I have had improvements too, so I am sticking with it. I'm not going to try to get a doctor's diagnosis, but I am going to get some vitamin,mineral levels checked. So many people on here have defiencies from malnourishment from Celiac. Which explains some things about me. My anxiety is better too. I am happy for you.

gluten . . . Kiss my grits!

pork and beef free- 1994

wheat free or wheat light- 2003

gluten free- January 2008