Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

carecare

Gosh, I Think I"m Reacting To Gluten Myself

I've had more D this past month than I've had in a long long time. It did start when I started cooking gluten free for my dh and kids. At first I'm sure I went totally gluten free...I was eating what my dh was eating but then I was craving things so while he's at work I started eating the things I"ve always been eating. Then the D started here and there. Last thursday I had it really really bad but didn't feel sick...I just went to the bathroom 20 times in a matter of a couple hours. Well, it's happening again this evening. Ugh...

So question is...if you aren't consuming a lot of gluten...just sporatically...but before that you had gluten with every meal...I wonder if a person with an underlying issue with gluten would start to show those signs of having an intolerance of some sort to gluten after going free and then just having gluten sporatically. Hmmm.....

I was joking with my husband that him going gluten free is making me sick. I was joking about it at the beginning of January...because I thought it was just a coincidence. Now ...I'm not really thinking this is a coincidence at all.

carecare...

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

If you reduce your gluten intake, it is common for you to become more sensitive. Try cutting it out completely for a while. If you feel better, you may want to consider trying a gluten challenge where you reintroduce it to your diet. If you get sick again then you know the answer.

Peter

Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000. I was retested five years later and the biopsy was normal. You can beat this disease!

Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986

Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator since 2007

This is the very reason I joined this forum. I have never shown any signs of gluten intolerance, but have adopted the gluten-free diet with my husband who is intolerant. He feels much better and I feel worse than ever. I can't decide if it's having trace amounts of gluten in my diet or the gluten-free baked goods. I have tried a few baked items and I feel really bad around those times. It may be a coincidence. Has anyone had a similar experience?