Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

vulpess

Blood Testing

I haven't started the gluten-free diet, because I want to see how the blood tests work out. If I am still eating gluten, do I need to eat more before I get testing? I've read some post that say four slices of wheat bread every day for two weeks? :huh: That seems like a lot...

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

It really should say, "The equivalent of four slices of bread a day". Meaning that includes pasta, cookies, cake, flour thickened gravies, and most processed foods that have wheat as a thickener.

If you investigate your diet right now, I bet you'll find that you eat much more gluten than you realize.

Just keep eating gluten until your test, I don't think you have to worry too much about amounts.

I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My son just got tested. While with me for half the week ( I am divorced) he eats almost wheat free because I am gluten free. At his dad's he eats lots of gluten (half the week). Will this mess up his test results?? He did eat pizza the night before.