Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest barbara3675

Bob's Red Mill Gf Flour

Guest barbara3675

I have just finished my Christmas baking and I made a gluten-free version of everything that I have baked in year's past using Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free All Purpose Flour. I live in remote northern Wisconsin and can find it everywhere I go, so I imagine the rest of you should be able to find it too. I substitute it into my recipes along with xantun gum and things are turning out great. I made three kinds of cookies, two kinds of quick breads and a cake. I will never be without this flour on my shelf. I know it is expensive, but my granddaughter and I are worth it. The two recipes on the back of the package are delightful. The banana bread recipe is very good and you can vary it by using apples or blueberries instead of bananas. I would urge all of you to get some of this and start baking away. Happy Holidays.

Barbara

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Yes, yes, yes!!!!! I've tried to tell everyone here about this. It is so easy and makes me feel that I can have some of my "old" life back!!

Enjoy!!

M

PS Made gingerbread cookeis with it this weekend! Awesome!

Guest barbara3675

You really don't need all that much, I would say a teaspoon for each two cups of flour you use would be a good place to start.

Barbara

I love it too, but can't use it all the time...............to much bean flour in it. Then I have to resort to the standard rice/potato/tapioca blend for a while..or include the bottle of Beano with the product made from Bob's gluten-free flour mix. LOL B)