This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Stomach Hurts When Empty

holdthegluten

holdthegluten Rising Star

It seems like when i dont eat for a couple of hours my stomach will get boated feeling and really tender. Does anyone get this. I always have a little tenderness in the uppr right area just under the ribs, andto the right of my sternum. Why is this always tender (1 year). Every once in a while, it goes away for a day and comes back. I also have loose stools off and on. Could i have a little infection that i should get tested for (parasite test, bacteria test, etc)? Your thoughts please!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

scotty Explorer
It seems like when i dont eat for a couple of hours my stomach will get boated feeling and really tender. Does anyone get this. I always have a little tenderness in the uppr right area just under the ribs, andto the right of my sternum. Why is this always tender (1 year). Every once in a while, it goes away for a day and comes back. I also have loose stools off and on. Could i have a little infection that i should get tested for (parasite test, bacteria test, etc)? Your thoughts please!

not sure about the bloating feeling. i know my guts always feel empty like i am starving then next thing i know i have a tremendous D. i dont get it. it felt all empty next thing i know more comes out then i thought i even ate. i use to have the pain too---i think it is gallbladder, which seems common around these parts

gfcookie Newbie

one word, gallbladder. go to your doctor asap. Does it hurt after you eat? Upper right quadrant, right under your rib cage? thats your gallbladder, the pain in your back after you eat? That's your gallbladder. Pain usually means something is wrong. Especially if the symptoms get worse after you eat something fattening, or something greasy or cooked in oil........(Your stomach is further towards your left side, and higher up.)

holdthegluten Rising Star
As gfcookie wrote it is a good idea to have your gall bladder checked out. But at the same time you can go online and read about how your gall bladder works and read about liver cleanses and gall bladder flushes. Learning to do gall bladder flushes might save you from loosing your gall bladder later on. Yes you can easily have an infected gall bladder when the food is not going through you smoothly. This causes the partly digested food to back up and shoves a lot of bacteria up your bile duct and sometimes into your pancreas too. This stuff also backs up into the stomach and causes irritation which can make you feel hungry. I can get my stomach to empty by massaging the area just below the sternum. I can tell when it empties because I get a feeling of relief and the stomach ache goes away.

When I get what you describe I often eat 1/2 a fresh grapefruit after a meal. This helps the gall bladder release bile which contain degestive enymes.

I worked in laboratories for years and had a specialty in parasitology. It is well known that laboratory tests for parasites are very poor, they just don't pick them up. We all have parasites just like our ancestors did even though we have a cleaner environment. They are natural to us and very adaptable so they persist, though we rarely notice them. Our ancestors cleaned out the parasites from their bodies routinely and felt better for it. We don't do this anymore. There are many herbal preparations on the market that would help you clear out your parasites but I think that it's best to have a naturopath or somebody trained in in doing this to advise you. Medical doctors are not trained to do this even though the Center for Disease Control sent out a warning a while back that people had more parasites that had been commenly thought. Parasites can be affecting your health, and you could have some varieties that get in your gall bladder, pancreas and intestines.

Thanks for your advice. I see my ND on tuesday and i am planning on talking to her about these issues. Thanks. Do you know of a simple liver/gallbladder cleanse?

Archived