Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jamesrplatt

Chinese Language Card

Could someone please suggest where I could get a copy of a Chinese language card to take to a restaurant. If such a card is available on the web that would be great, but if not I'm prepared to purchase such a card. Thank you.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I don't have one but also remember that Chinese restaurants are frequently run by Asians from other countries. They might not even be able to read a card in Chinese.

richard

The book "Against the Grain" by Jax peters Lowell has restaurant cards in every language. If you can find a copy at the library, make a xerox copy of the chinese card.

Thank you, this information has been so helpful. My husband and I will be travelling to China sometime in the next year and a half to adopt and I have been very worried about spending 2 weeks there and staying well.

I got some very good - laminated cards from Triumph Dining. Think I first saw it on the celiac updates site. They are abut $10 for a set of 5 or 6. Mexican, Chinese, Japanese, Thai and American - maybe one more. In English on one side and the other language on the other. There is also a Triumph Dining Guide with restaurants arranged by states and then menus from chain restaurants with gluten free items. Have used it twice in two weeks with much success.