Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pinkdljj

Newly Diagnosed And Confused About Blood Test Results

Hi,

I was diagnosed last month after suffering horrible IBS, headaches, depression, anxiety to the point of a suicide attempt. After seeing too many doctors who only offered me more pills I finally went to the Tahoma Clinic here near Seattle. The naturopathic doc looked at my symptoms and said I was probably gluten sensitive. I laughed and thought to myself she was crazy. Well, all the tests came back that I was gluten sensitive, allergic to dairy, low in almost every amino acid and mineral.

Since going gluten free I have not had one headache and I feel so much better. I am confused about whether I have celiac disease or just gluten sensitivity. Is there a difference? I had the IGE and IgG4 blood tests which revealed I was significantly sensitive.

Thanks for any help. It is a bit overwhelming thinking about never having gluten again. I have 3 children and a hubby to feed who love to eat so trying to cook for us all without gluten and no complaining is a bit rough. I just take one day at a time.

Leslie

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Well, I don't see how it cannot be Celiac, considering the nutrient deficiencies along with the test results. However, either way you're looking at a gluten-free lifestyle for life. I won't tell you it's easy, because it isn't at first, but it does get much easier once you've gotten the hang of it. After a while you'll wonder why you thought it would be so terrible.

I'm so glad you found out what was the cause of your symptoms.

Welcome to the board!

A spherical meteorite 10 km in diameter traveling at 20 km/s has the kinetic energy equal to the calories in 550,000,000,000,000,000 Twinkies.