Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nic

Disney Vacation

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

If you call disney food services ahead of time (and I think if you search you can find an email for the food service) they will send you a list of everything you can eat in all the parks (we were there in 10/07.

On top of that when you liaison with the food services you get put on a list as needing to be gluten free and when you make reservations at restaurants they know ahead of time. I had such a fantastic time. In the parks we ate on the go (a few times in restaurants) and never had any problems, they are all very allergy aware.

However we had made all our dinner reservations a couple of weeks ahead of time and every single restaurant we went to knew when I walked thru the door that I had to be gluten-free and they had gluten-free rolls and such for me. In all the sit down restaurants the chef comes out to talk to you about your choices and how he will change them to be gluten-free. Disney is fantastic.

My reoccurring dream is that all of the USA becomes just like Disney (ok, I said it was a dream).

But do let them know ahead of time and they will be totally prepared.

Susan

Disney is the ultimate dream vacation for a gluten-free diet!!!!!!!!

Buy the dining pass & eat your way through the parks. we called & spoke to each place we wanted to dine at & we never waited or had a problem. It does work better if you do the leg work before getting there. We knew where we wanted to be each day & alloted the last day to repeating what the kids liked best..........

The Boma in Animal Kingdom has a wonderful gluten-free program. Ask for TJ the Chef , he is so great. I would go back just to eat there alone............ We find no days that we were left out because of no gluten-free foods. We spent seven full days .. The worst part is I gained ten pounds while there!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We did not stay at a hotel but in Fort Wilderness travel park.

LOVE DISNEY

mamaw

We just got back from Disney and the other posters are exactly right about how wonderful Disney is with food issues. I emailed the special diets department ahead of time and they sent me several attachments with what I could eat and where (the contact I emailed was brenda.bennett@disney.com). We also made dinner reservations for every night in advance and alerted them that I needed a gluten-free meal.

As far as the Contemporary goes, we didn't stay there but did eat at Chef Mickey's twice during our 8 days in Disney. The chefs there were wonderful. For dinner, they made me own salmon and ribs (in addition to the rolls someone already mentioned) and for breakfast they made me Mickey shaped gluten-free pancakes.

Disney also has gluten-free brownies in different places that were amazing. I think my husband and I had one everyday (and he's not gluten-free!). The other restaurants that were overly accomodating were Liberty Tree Tavern in the Magic Kingdom (best gluten-free dessert I've ever had), 1900 Park Faire in the Grand Floridian, and Le Cellier in Epcot. This was my first trip to Disney since going gluten free and I already can't wait to go back.

Have a great trip!!!

Gluten Free Since August 2007