Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pennyb

Reliv - Supplements

My daughter (age 16) has Celiac - dx March 2006.

We have been on a strict gluten-free diet. She does very well on gluten-free diet, for the most part, she is highly sensitive so we seldom eat out. Her main problems are, poor immune system, low energy levels, low stamina levels (for keeping up with all the activities of HS).

We have been looking for a way to boost her immune system. Our two biggest problems are her sensitivity level to gluten (very high) and her catching every virus or cold that is passed around at school.

We have had others telling us we should have my dd try Reliv to help boost her immune system. I contacted the company to check out the ingredients, couldn't get all my questions answered, so kind of gave up on the idea.

Recently we have talked to another celiac that is on Reliv and has been on it for 5 plus years. She reports that it has helped her in amazing ways. She says it has helped decrease her sensitivity, helped keep her healthy (not catching colds and the flu all the time), increased her energy level. She is not trying to tell me that it will cure Celiac, (we all know that won't happen) she still holds strictly to her gluten-free diet, but that it gives her body a better nutrient base and overall better health. She has told me that she has others with Celiac in her family and they are also using it with good results. I am encouraged that maybe this product could help us.

It isn't that I doubt the endorsement that a fellow Celiac has given me on this product, I just wanted to find out if there are any others who have any experience with Reliv.

Thanks -

Pennyb

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hi,

I was diagnosed last month with gluten and milk sensitivity. My aunt has been taking Reliv for a couple years and swears by it. She introduced it to me and I've been taking it for only a month so I don't have a lot of experience with it. I have heard many wonderful things about it though. I did some research on it and have found it to be gluten free so far. I was wondering from you what questions weren't answered by them? Now I am concerned.

Thanks,

Leslie

Leslie -

Don't be concerned, I'm not suggesting that you discontinue use. When I talked to the company, they couldn't tell me with 100% accuracy that it was gluten free. I have a feeling I didn't get high enough up the ladder to a person with enough knowledge. The Lady with Celiac that I talked to says she has talked with people from the Celiac Sprue Assoc. and that they have tested Brewer's yeast and haven't found any discernable amounts of gluten in it.

Penny

Hi Penny,

Thanks for the info. I e-mailed Reliv and they said no gluten is added, but it has not been tested for gluten. Also, I was looking into brewers yeast and the info I found that it should not be part of a gluten free diet. I am going to stop using it tomorrow. I used to take another product called RevitalX found at Super Supplements or online. It is an awesome product. I switched due to my Aunt claming Reliv has saved her life. I'm going back to my old stuff because I know it is gluten free and has great stuff in it.

Leslie