• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Rate this topic

I live 15 mins away from one and I haven't been there in a while. I was soooo happy today. They have food aisles with huge "Gluten-Free" sections and even the organic. They are better than Whole Foods. It's soooo expensive at Whole Foods and things were cheaper and I found twice as much selection.

If you live near one, I would highly suggest going. It's worth the drive.

I couldn't agree more--I love Wegmans! :D

Amanda should be by soon--she shares my love of the store :lol:

I was shocked, they had a lot of options. I have been running into having to go to 2 markets. One for me and the kids and one the other for my husband. He eats gluten-free with us but there are certain things he wants. My son has ADHD and my daughter doesn't. I've read GGCF diets can help ADHD.

Anyway, to be able to have a one stop shop is amazing. Whole Foods is not cheap and I spend a lot fo money there. It was nice to have a lower bill and find twice as much. I have to admit I am nervous shopping outside the gluten-free-Zone. Are there lists anywhere of store gluten-free products? Like cereals, handsoaps, snacks, etc?

Patti is so right! I LOVE that store, and shop there all the time.

Check out their new website, You can actually view all the gluten free products as well as other things they offer.

I had to wait for a Wegmans to open in my area, we just got ours in September, and before that I drove sometimes over an hour to shop there.

I cannot express my love for that place anymore.

Maybe I will put my opening day avatar back up, that summed it up :):)

Patti is so right! I LOVE that store, and shop there all the time.

Check out their new website, You can actually view all the gluten free products as well as other things they offer.

I had to wait for a Wegmans to open in my area, we just got ours in September, and before that I drove sometimes over an hour to shop there.

I cannot express my love for that place anymore.

Maybe I will put my opening day avatar back up, that summed it up :):)

Where on the site is that link? I can't find the gluten-free list on wegmans. If you have it on hand please post the link. THank you!

Yes--like Amanda said, they have a gluten-free list.

I know what you mean about one stop shopping. I used to have to go to the regular grocery store, Whole Foods and the local health food store for everything I needed. Now, I can go to Wegman's and get everything in one shot.

Just last week, a new Giant Foods opened in our area that is almost as good as Wegman's and is a bit closer. They have 2 huge aisles (front to back of the store) of gluten-free and organic foods and personal care products. It's amazing to me that in just the 2 1/2 years that I've been on the diet, it so much easier to find what I need.

Where on the site is that link? I can't find the gluten-free list on wegmans. If you have it on hand please post the link. THank you!

When you go onto the Wegmans website, click in the middle of the screen thats says product catalog. On the left side of the webpage click the sort by gluten free, its towards the bottom of the page. It will come up. It is not a list anymore, but you can click on the product and add it to your shopping list.

Which Wegmans do you shop at?

I didn't see this before my last post. Here is the link to the gluten-free list--

https://www.wegmans.com/pdf/nutrition/Glute...andProducts.pdf

Here's another link about Gluten Sensitivity from Wegman's site--

https://www.wegmans.com/webapp/wcs/stores/s...:ProductDisplay

I have to say he was the biggest down to earth bigwig I ever met. The CEO at the Med Center won't even acknowledge the smaller staff members. Danny was all about interacting with the customers.

My big photoshoot is this Friday...exciting!

Patti- I think we are the biggest Wegmans fans on this site!

No bigger of a fan than I !!!!!!! They are the best. They are one company that I can know for sure, for certain that CC is not an issue. I sometimes forget that they are not national, in particular when I speak of shopping as not being hard. If I were ever to relocate it would have to be somewhere that has a Wegmans.

No bigger of a fan than I !!!!!!! They are the best.

Of course--Ravenwood! Another Wegman's devotee :D

It's so funny--when I told my parents we were moving to PA--one of the first things my dad said was--are you going to be near a Wegmans? :P

HOLY CANOLI!

The gluten-free list is huge amost 900 products. I was suprised! Sour Cream is gluten-free?

I think I found my new Grocery store. Worth the extra 10 mins drive!

No bigger of a fan than I !!!!!!! They are the best. They are one company that I can know for sure, for certain that CC is not an issue. I sometimes forget that they are not national, in particular when I speak of shopping as not being hard. If I were ever to relocate it would have to be somewhere that has a Wegmans.

I know, with us house hunting right now that is a big thing for us, we need to locate in an area where we wont have to drive too far to Wegmans.

I forgot you are a big fan too! Its our little Weggies Crowd. There is a joke that Wegmans is a cult, if that is the case I am a follower.

You are in Wegmans country where you are too :)

It's so funny--when I told my parents we were moving to PA--one of the first things my dad said was--are you going to be near a Wegmans? :P

So your parents enjoy Wegmans too?

HOLY CANOLI!

The gluten-free list is huge amost 900 products. I was suprised! Sour Cream is gluten-free?

I think I found my new Grocery store. Worth the extra 10 mins drive!

Def worth the drive. :) Congrats! Wegmans really is a celiac's paradise!

I know, with us house hunting right now that is a big thing for us, we need to locate in an area where we wont have to drive too far to Wegmans.

I forgot you are a big fan too! Its our little Weggies Crowd. There is a joke that Wegmans is a cult, if that is the case I am a follower.

You are in Wegmans country where you are too :)

Being an area with lot's of Wegmans was one of the deciding factors in having my DS move back closer to home. Made Mom really, really happy.

I do hope they keep expanding Westward and Southward. If they ever get as far as Arizona a move would be really tempting.

I really like their new Rice Milk, now if they would just get Kinnickinick stuff I would be in heaven.

To answer someone's question, I shop at the Warrington, PA one. I saw a woman with tons of gluten-free proucts in her cart and I wanted to say something. I feel the need to connect with other people and especially parents in the area. I've lived in my area for 3 years, 2 kids in school and haven't met one person. I have two best friends that I've known for 12 & 19 years.

I always see people shopping in the gluten free aisle, a lot of them are younger adults too. I have to say since my diagnosis I see more and more people finding out about celiac.

Last spring, Mark and I were in the gluten-free aisle in Wegman's and we noticed another couple about our ages that were also shopping there. We struck up a conversation with them and ended up talking for about 30 minutes.

The woman was the Celiac, and her story was similar to mine--sick for many years, never knew why....she was gluten-free for about the same amount of time I was, too.

Anyway, I mentioned Celiac.com and they said they read here a lot but hadn't joined. They asked me who I was on here and I told them--they looked at each other and smiled and said--we always wondered where jerseyangel lived!

Then they thanked me for everything we do on the board--it was seriously one of the happiest moments of my life! It was just so great to connect with someone "in the flesh" that knew me from here. :)

I invited them to join, I don't know if they ever did, but I don't think so.

Another time we talked to a lady who ended up asking me a ton of questions. It felt good to be able to help her--she hadn't been diagnosed long, and was starting from scratch. I also invited her to join up here, or to at least log on and read.

There have been a few other times I've spoken to people there....I'm always hoping that maybe it'll turn out to be someone from here :D

I might join a support group- apparently my town has a huge center all about Celiac.

I must have said the words "Gluten-Free" a million times today. It would be great to meet other people who are dealing with this. Maybe someone will strike a conversation up with me, who knows, in Wegmans.

Another good thing about Wegmans, they educate their employees about celiac disease. I wanted a salad one day at their meal station and I asked about the dressing they were using. The chef came out and talked to me, told me about this celiac conference he had just attended.

Another day a different employee told me about CC. I was impressed.

A lot of people think the store is expensive, I found most of my gluten free pasta cheapier there than anywhere else. They also have sales in the gluten free aisle.

Another good thing about Wegmans, they educate their employees about celiac disease. I wanted a salad one day at their meal station and I asked about the dressing they were using. The chef came out and talked to me, told me about this celiac conference he had just attended.

Another day a different employee told me about CC. I was impressed.

A lot of people think the store is expensive, I found most of my gluten free pasta cheapier there than anywhere else. They also have sales in the gluten free aisle.

I have to laugh at the more expensive part because they tended to be much cheaper for me and had more choices. I checked out that link with the site and was shocked sooo much was gluten-free. The pasta was cheaper. Amy's tends to put out a lot of Gluten-free Casein-free meals.

That is impressive! I am happy when people at restuarants are educated too. I returned two items today on the Whole Foods gluten-free list that clearly were not gluten-free (said contains WHEAT) and the woman had no interest in updating the list or even commenting.

I love the pic with you ? and the kitty! ;)