Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ksb43

Emergency!

Hey, I have a huge problem. I went to visit my friend who lives outside orlando, fl. He neglected to mention that his house was infested with roaches (and i'm not exagerating...they are EVERYWHERE)! I need to get out of here now, but I don't know where to go or what to do! I can't just go anywhere because I need to be able to get food or find restaurants with gluten free stuff. I have some gluten free snacks and enough food for a few meals, but not enough to survive the whole 2 weeks I was planning on being here.

I can just buy a ticket to go home, but I'm already in Florida. I might as well try to salvage some sort of vacation. Please help! The only thing I can think of is going to stay at a disney hotel for a few days and then fly back early. I seem to remember seeing on here that they cater pretty well to the diet. I'm freaking out. I feel like there are bugs crawling all over me right now!

What should I do?!?!?!

HELP!!!!!!

Nice Friend, I think you should have been told about roaches before you were invited to stay !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Or did you bring them along for the trip? I hear they are good eating dipped in chocolate!!!!!!!!!

I too. would be out of there is a heartbeat....... I can tell you Disney is excellent. You can find gluten-free food in all the parks.

You could get a room at an outside Disney hotel also. There is a couple of places to shop for gluten-free food..... I think there is a publix grocery & a couple of health food stores. I was in them when I was in around Disney .

I don't think you should come home until your vacation days are complete. Go to the beach or something to enjoy your vacation. For the price of travel & also how hard it is at times to make room in a budget for a vacation I say STAY & ENJOY it...

Sorry you are having a bad experience.....I hope it gets better.

mamaw

Look for condos and long term stay hotels with kitchens on the internet to rent. Below are the names of some of the long term stay hotel brands

Residence Inn by Marriott

TownPlace Suites by Marriott

Extended Stay America

Hiton has a brand equivalent to Residence Inn but I can not remember the name of it. I am also sure there are local hotels with kitchens or kitchenettes.

You can also rent a room with only a Mircowave and a dorm size refrigerator. I have seen this setup at Embassy Suites and some Best Westerns.

One other option is to buy a lot of roach traps and roach spray and stay where you are.

Good Luck with whatever solution you choose