Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

crittermom

Just Have To Shout For Joy!

Hi Everybody,

:D I just have to shout out I am so happy! :D I received my shipment of gluten free crackers and graham crackers today. Glutino ritz style, Glutano soda crackers, and Jo Sef graham crackers, honey and chocolate. I opened them up, my kids tried one and it was like a shark feeding frenzy! Michael LOVED the crackers and graham crackers and Katharine loved the graham crackers (she wasn't a cracker girl even with gluten). Theywere stealing them out of the package while my bacwas turned. It was wonderful, I found stuff they love my heart is just singing. Now I can take Michael gluten free without having to tell him he can't have crackers and we have replaced Katharine's graham crackers she used to like. They completely forgot about the fresh chocolate chip cookies I baked yesterday! I know that food shouldn't be the center of our life or my happiness, but gosh I just love it when you can make your kids happy and healthy at the same time.

BTW update on Michael, we are not giving him the antispasmadic meds, they have terrible side effects. However he has been gluten free for basically 2 days. He had a normal bm which was wonderful. No complaints of stomach aches either. I gave him some crackers at dinner last night so we will see what the bm is tonight. He is pretty sensitive again today. We have decided, especially now that we have snacks to substitute his favorites, we are going gluten free now. Why wait, I know what he has been like for the past 5 months, I don't need to document it for the doctor. If he is better gluten free I will know, if he isn't we keep searching while being gluten free.

Thanks for listening to the ranting of a mad woman ( the fact that it is 22 and sunny and feels warm today after negative temps I think is helping with the giddiness) Have a great day!!!!! :D

Melissa

Diagnosed Fibromyalgia March 2007

Mom to Katharine, 5 years old diagnosed Celiac Disease Sept 2006

Peanut allergy

Michael 3 years old diagnosed infant reflux at 6 weeks

Dairy Soy allergy until 22 months

Neg blood tests and biopsy Feb 2008

Positive gluten-free dietary response

You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.

Margaret Thatcher

Fall down seven times stand up eight.

"I've decided that after air, water, and dirt, the next most common substance on the planet must be gluten!"

Toni Nolte, Overland Park, Kansas

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

That was a really cute post - glad your kids have their happy gluten-free snacks, it does make a difference!

Cara - 42, mom to dd 15, ds 12, ds 4

Off gluten and dairy (and tapioca ;-( ) since 11/07

A.L.C.A.T. test showed over 50 sensitive foods

Celiac panel came back negative.

Regular allergy testing reacted to every inhalant and all but 6 foods.

Slowly adding in foods, started w 19 and now have 25

:lol::lol: Hooray!!!!

In order to be successful with the gluten-free diet, I think it is all about not feeling deprived. As long as there is some gluten-free alternative out there that will scratch that "favorite gluten product" itch, then success is just around the corner!!!

Janet

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.

animal0028.gif

That is great news! It is so much easier when you have substitutes, then Michael won't feel you force him to be gluten-free against his will. If he has food he loves, he won't even care.

I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BM hit just after the original post. After the crackers last night Michael returned to large green poop with food pieces present... I think we have our answer, no more gluten for us! :)

Melissa

Diagnosed Fibromyalgia March 2007

Mom to Katharine, 5 years old diagnosed Celiac Disease Sept 2006

Peanut allergy

Michael 3 years old diagnosed infant reflux at 6 weeks

Dairy Soy allergy until 22 months

Neg blood tests and biopsy Feb 2008

Positive gluten-free dietary response

You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.

Margaret Thatcher

Fall down seven times stand up eight.

"I've decided that after air, water, and dirt, the next most common substance on the planet must be gluten!"

Toni Nolte, Overland Park, Kansas

Before celiac, I never appreciated a good cookie. Now, nothing makes me happier than amazing baked goods or other substitute foods :D

Gluten Free since 10/07

Mildly Lactose Intolerant, slight intestinal symptoms after eating milk products, but easily corrected with lactase enzyme

Endometriosis- DX'd 5/07

Gluten Antibodies- "negative"...don't know exact numbers, am highly suspicious...

DXed celiac 12-19-07 via genetics/elimination diet- DQ2 allele

Brother with Celiac, aspergers...his tests were all negative (he didn't have genetics done), including endoscopy, but he definitely is at the least gluten intolerant...highly suspect my mother has it as well- she has hyperthyroid, fibromyalgia, hemochromatosis, and now colon cancer, and she has been weak and exhausted and just generally sick. She's going to get tested.

crittermom, do you mind me asking what are your son's symptoms? I haven't been keeping up here, so probably missed it somewhere, but I was just wondering. My 3 year old daughter has horrible constipation (alleviated by Glycolax now) and had reflux as an infant, and my new baby has reflux really bad (however I am gluten free - dx celiac - and he hasn't had any gluten (breastfed), so I don't think that could be related). We had my daughter tested a few months ago for celiac (negative), but I know the tests aren't very reliable, especially at her age.