• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Rate this topic

I don't know who you need the probiotic for. Is it for somebody who is gluten-free already? If not, that would be a good start.

If that person is still consuming dairy and/or soy, try eliminating it. Dairy is known to cause all the symptoms you mentioned in sensitive individuals.

Still, a probiotic can be helpful. Since I am not taking any, I can't give you advice there. I am sure others will let you know specific brands.

I need help deciding which probiodic to buy. What do you recommend? This would be to benefit SEVERE stomach bloating, gas and pain.

I take floragen everyday and it has really been helpful. It has 20 billion cultures per capsule and is acidophilus.

I don't know who you need the probiotic for.

It is for me. I have tested negative for celiac and MANY other things including dairy. I have had more tests in the last year than I can count.I wanted to try probiodics as I have heard alot of good things about them.

Since my husband eats a gluten-free diet, I already tried going gluten-free. That did not help at all, so that is why I am willing to give probiodics a try. My Dr has basically said he has no idea what is wrong with me.

Have you tried gluten, dairy and soy free? It could be dairy or soy, or a combination of the three. Some people who were diagnosed officially with celiac disease didn't start getting better until eliminating dairy, and some of them had to cut out soy as well before improving.

I also get the symptoms you mentioned from nightshade foods (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and from rice and eggs as well.

Your symptoms could also indicate candida.

Don't give up so easily. Something is causing your symptoms, and I doubt that probiotics will fix them (even though they could be helpful - but not on their own.... which is just my opinion, of course).

Have you considered testing with Enterolab? They will pick up gluten intolerance that is non-celiac, while the tests most doctors do will only identify celiac disease with already advanced villi damage.