Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BRUMI1968

Safe Cosmetics Webiste - Check Out Your Products!

A great website is out there:

http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/

It's a place where you can check your personal care products for toxic chemicals and the like. A note: they don't seem to mark aluminum as toxic - and I'm pretty sure there are at least some studies linking aluminum with alzheimers.

Other than that, it's very interesting! Like I said in the tag, it has nothing to do with gluten -- that is a whole other focus that is important to us, obviously. This is more endocrine disrupters, cancer causing agents, illegal agents, ect.

You can look up ingredients, specifically, and see what's what about them, which is really handy since we can't possibly know what some of these things are.

I'm going upstairs to throw away my Bumble & Bumble Curl Conscious shampoo (trial size anyway) because it scored VERY poorly.

Anyway, enjoy!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

This is a really good site. The first time I visited it I was disappointed that when the products came up they did not identify for example what the tocepheral (sp) was derived from. A big concern for me since I am allergic to soy as well as gluten intolernant. I discovered that if I put just the word soy or the word wheat into the search that the results showed all the 'chemist' names for hidden wheat or soy derived tocepheral as well as the products that contained them. I am definately going to explore this site more fully. Thanks for the link.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)