Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MNBeth

Kirkland Turkey Burgers?

I think maybe they're not. I'm only 3-4 months into this, and still don't feel great most of the time, so it gets hard to sort things out. I got sick last night after one of these, though, and looking over my food log, I see this has happened before.

I know it sounds like I'm terribly slow on the uptake, but, as I said, I'm hardly well enough to be able to distinguish between my general ugginess and an actual glutening. And, frankly, I wasn't feeling too hot before the burger, so I just don't know...

(There's nothing obvious on the label - just the ubiquitous "natural flavors."

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hi--

This is the nice thing about a food log--it really does help, especially at the beginning, when it's hard to distinguish what is causing what.

I don't know about this particular product, but the natural flavors is something that needs to be checked out. I suggest you call the company and ask them directly.

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

I don't know about this particular product, but the natural flavors is something that needs to be checked out. I suggest you call the company and ask them directly.

Yes, I know. Just thought I'd try the sissy approach first. ;-)

Yes, I know. Just thought I'd try the sissy approach first. ;-)

:D Hopefully, someone here will know.

Patti

Well, I called, and they assured me that the turkey burgers are, in fact, gluten-free. Which is good - I like the Turkey Burgers - but I'm back in the dark as to why I'm feeling so crummy.

Well, I called, and they assured me that the turkey burgers are, in fact, gluten-free. Which is good - I like the Turkey Burgers - but I'm back in the dark as to why I'm feeling so crummy.

Well, I'm glad that they are safe for you so you can keep enjoying them. :)

You know, at 3-4 months into this, you are still very much healing and it's not unusual at all for the recovery to be somewhat of a roller coaster ride.

Have you gone through your meds, suppliments, personal care products and kitchen (collander, toaster, wooden cutting boards and utensils) again? Do you eat dairy? While we are in the early stage of healing, the villi is damaged and the tips, which are responsible for digesting dairy don't secrete the needed enzyme. Maybe go off dairy (if you haven't already) and see if it makes a difference.

Other common intolerances that can show up after going gluten-free are soy and corn. Since you keep a log, look at these foods, if you're eating them, and see if there's a connection. It's also not unusual for someone intolerant to gluten to have other intolerances. (I have several <_< )

Another thing that I'm sensitive to is tapioca--never knew this until I went gluten-free. I've seen several others here who are also intolerant to it. I only mention it because a lot of the speciality gluten-free mixes have it as an ingredient.

Take heart--it does get better ;)

Patti