Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lux

Totally Freaking Out

I know this is going to sound kind of ridiculous, but the thing is I have a colonoscopy/gastroscopy double procedure on Wednesday, and I'm utterly terrified...it's a combination of the procedure itself and worrying myself silly about what could be found. I know that I will be sedated throughout, but after scanning the net and reading horror stories about people who could feel everything (!) I'm driving myself nuts with anxiety.

I know I sound like a complete and utter baby, and I wasn't scared up until now...but, if anyone could offer some reassurance, O, I would be so grateful...

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I had the same procedure that you are having, both at the same time and its a breeze. I'm not sure which aspect of the tests you are most worried about but:

You will be asleep for the entire test and when they woke me up I was fine an less then an hour later, I was a bit tired but thats all and I was able to go home and make dinner for my daughter and walk the dog.

If its the anesthesia your worried about... its quite safe and they do not put you under very deeply for this procedure, nor are you under for a long time.

By far the worst part for me was the "cleanse" you do the day before, the procedure its self is easy safe and quick.

You'll be fine.

Susan

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter