Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lizard00

Sublingual B12

For those of you who started taking a sublingual B12, how much do you take and how often? So far, I've taken one a day since Sat. I haven't really noticed a big difference, although I didn't expect much in 3 days. But, I was just wondering if that is a good amount or if I should take go more/less?

Be yourself, everyone else is taken.

Oscar Wilde

Gluten free November 2007

IgA Deficient, Neg Bloodwork, Double DQ2 Positive

Dietary and Genetic Diagnosis June 2, 2008

Soy free Jan 09

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

For those of you who started taking a sublingual B12, how much do you take and how often? So far, I've taken one a day since Sat. I haven't really noticed a big difference, although I didn't expect much in 3 days. But, I was just wondering if that is a good amount or if I should take go more/less?

I've been taking 1 a day for exactly 1 week, and I noticed a difference after a few days. My cramps in my palms and feet subsided, as well as my anxiety - wasn't expecting that. And I feel a lot "brighter."

I think 1 a day should be a good amount.

Gina

gluten-free since 2001

Son dx celiac March 2005

Join eNewsletter

I take approx. 30 drops (one dropperful) every morning. I can tell the difference when I do not take it. I take a second dropperful later in the day if I feel the need or am having nerve reactions to food intols or am extra stressed.

Join eNewsletter

According to the articles I've read, the optimal amount of B12 is about 3mg per day. And studies also show that it is absorbed slowly. So therefore I take three 1mg lozenges per day, as many hours apart as I can. Just make sure it's methylcobalamin, as the others are simply not effective, or even dangerous (the common type is cyanocobalamin, which believe it or not has cyanide).

A spherical meteorite 10 km in diameter traveling at 20 km/s has the kinetic energy equal to the calories in 550,000,000,000,000,000 Twinkies.

Join eNewsletter

I've been taking two a day. Maybe I'll try three, but I'm not sure the amt in each lozenge. I'll have to check it out, I know it's mcg. I felt really good Tuesday, had lots of energy. But the weather is CRAZY here right now, and I've had a headache for about two days now. Although today I can at least hold my head up. So, I'm not sure if I feel better yet or not. But I'll try 3 a day. Thanks RiceGuy... you are a wealth of knowlege. :D

Be yourself, everyone else is taken.

Oscar Wilde

Gluten free November 2007

IgA Deficient, Neg Bloodwork, Double DQ2 Positive

Dietary and Genetic Diagnosis June 2, 2008

Soy free Jan 09

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter