Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Healthy Girl

gluten-free Seasonings

Hello All.

Wanted to know if there is a company that makes gluten-free seasoning mixes/salts? I hear that some seasonings have hidden wheat in them. I am starting to think some of my spices may. Anyone know of a company that states gluten or wheat free? Any help is greatly appreciated.

To good health,

Amy :)

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Any company that makes a spice that is only one (i.e., thyme, oregano, basil) ingredient, then it only has that one ingredient in it. They are gluten free.

McCormick has a clear gluten labeling policy for all of its seasonings and spices (including seasoning packets).

http://mccormick.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/mcco...amp;p_topview=1

"All of our single ingredient spices and herbs are gluten-free and 100% pure, with nothing added to them. All of our extracts, including Pure Vanilla, are also gluten-free. Some of our products do contain gluten, and this will be clearly listed in BOLD type within the ingredient statement. We do not maintain a list of gluten-free products, as our formulas change from time to time. "

Also, according to the new FDA food allergen labeling law, wheat is required to be listed. There won't be hidden wheat.

Join eNewsletter

What about Kroger? I know the McCormicks extracts are all gluten-free, does anyone know if Kroger's are?

Rachelle 20dance.gif

Daughter diagnosed 1/06 bloodwork and biopsy
-gluten-free since 1/06

Son tested negative-bloodwork (8/07), intestinal issues prompted biospy (3/08), results negative, but very positive dietary response, Dr. diagnosed Celiac disease (3/8)

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter