Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

angel_jd1

P.f. Chang's

I have not had the opportunity to go to PF Chang's yet. Soooo I have a few questions for you.

1) What is the price range?

2) Can you do take out there or is it only a sit down and eat place?

3)What would you recommend to eat?? (what is your favorite thing).

Thanks for the help.

-Jessica :rolleyes:

Jessica

Gluten Free since 12-31-2002!!

Kansas

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I have only been there once but it was wonderful. I had a crispy, spicy chicken (not sure of what it was called) gluten-free lettuce wraps, white rice, and tea. They were so good to me and let me know what I could and couldn't put on it.

jennyj

Diagnosed March 2006 celiac sprue

Severe iron deficent anemia Jan 2002

Hypoglecemia 2000

"I can do all things through Christ who strenghtens me"

Join eNewsletter

It usually costs me and my fiance about $40 to eat there, i think its about $12 per entree. We usually get the spicy chicken, garlic snap peas, and some other dish depending on what we feel like.

You can do takeout there but we usually eat in. The one by me has special parking and curbside service for picking up orders.

Join eNewsletter

Hi! I'm Liz, new to the gluten free forum here. I have been to PF Chang's MANY a time now...it's one of my favorite places to go! Here's some of the great options:

Gluten free lettuce wraps (with a gluten free sauce)

Singapore Street Noodles...this was the first dish I tried, and for months never tried anything else because they were sooo tasty.

Chang's Spicy Chicken is excellent...(that was the first new thing I tried and loved that too!)

oh and they have a special gluten free martini, it's made with potato vodka and white grape juice...it's pretty good!

and yes, you can do either dine in or take out, they don't deliver of course, but you can just put your order in with the hostess, or they send you right back to the kitchen area (at least in the one in Park Plaza sometimes does that).

I am a little wary of the new PF Chang's in the Prudential center...I ordered take out from them once, and didn't check it before I left, but it tasted different than the singapore street noodles I normally get, so I stopped eating them unfortunately...it was like they forgot the lovely gluten free sauce! didn't get sick but I barely ate any noodle-goodness.

oh here's the link to the gluten free menu, which has prices on there, too!:

http://www.pfchangs.com/cuisine/menu/Glute...olerantMenu.pdf

Enjoy, and let us know if you try anything different, it's like I can't go there enough to try new things! I haven't even tried the gluten free lettuce wraps yet! I need to go soon, I'm drooling a little bit. :D

superbeansprout

Boston, MA

Celiac since February 2007

Join eNewsletter

it's about $8-18 a plate, not including rice.

you can do take out, I think, but I've never done it and don't know anyone who'd done it. (you could always call and ask. it's definitely more of a sit down place.)

I usually get the lettuce wraps and broccoli and chicken and garlic snap peas. :)

Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"

Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy

G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004

Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me

Bellevue, WA

Join eNewsletter

Shrimp in lobster sauce is good as is shrimp or scallops with snowpeas and ginger(you can request a combo)(it is very mild in flavor-almost like just simply steamed). The shrimp and scallops, in my experience, are very fresh and clean tasting. Our waiter gave us a tip-some of the entrees are served at lunch as bowls and are only the tiniest smaller portion but a couple of bucks cheaper.

Me: GLUTEN-FREE 7/06, multiple food allergies, T2 DIABETES DX 8/08, LADA-Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults, Who knew food allergies could trigger an autoimmune attack on the pancreas?! 1/11 Re-DX T1 DM, pos. DQ2 Celiac gene test 9/11

Son: ADHD '06,

neg. CELIAC PANEL 5/07

ALLERGY: "positive" blood and skin tests to wheat, which triggers his eczema '08

ENTEROLAB testing: elevated Fecal Anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA Dec. '08

Gluten-free-Feb. '09

other food allergies

Join eNewsletter

I was wondering if those weren't prices beside the items on the gluten-free menu. Thanks for letting me know for sure.

My Grandpa is having heart surgery next week and I am trying to research places close to the hospital that I could eat. I was thinking that if they did take-out I could take it back to the hospital or the hotel. I am sure that people won't be too much into going to a sit down restaurant. Take-out, however, would probably work.

I love the sound of the things you guys have listed so far. Keep em comming!!

Thanks for the help.

Jessica

Kansas

Join eNewsletter

I have eaten there twice and had the ginger chicken both times. It is very good. I got mine to go once, which was nice. I called ahead and there is a special parking spot for to go orders. Its about $15 for the chicken, brocoli and rice, but I had enough for lunch and dinner.

Join eNewsletter

Like any restaurant, it seems that some PF Chang's are better than others re: gluten-free menu (or so I've been told by former Pf Chang servers)

When we go to the good ones, we get the exact same thing EVERY TIME because they are our favorites!

Appetizers:

Chicken Wraps

Shanghai Cucumbers (listed under veggies/sides)

Main Course:

Chang's Spicy Chicken

Lemon Scallops

Enjoy!

Join eNewsletter

We get take out from PF Changs. Love the Lemon Scallops, Ginger Chicken, Phillips Better Lemon Chicken, Singapore Street Noodles and Chocolate Dome.

Kim

"Life isn't about how to survive the storm

but how to dance in the rain."

Positive bloodwork 1/9/06

gluten-free since 1/12/06

Very positive dietary response

DS (12 years old)

Biopsy 7/7/06 ~ Diagnosed Celiac 7/12/2006

gluten-free since 7/15/2006

DD (almost 6)

HLA-DQ2 positive

Celiac Bloodwork negative 2 different times

Still eating gluten for now.

Join eNewsletter

We went to PF Chang's today!!! It was good to have some chinese food after 5 years (unless I cooked it at home). I got Chang's spicy chicken and singapore street noodles. I liked them both. We got it to go and took it back to the hospital. We did a walk in order and waited for it. It was super easy and it only took them about 15 min to cook our food. Now if only I had a pf chang's closer to me!!! :(

Jessica

Kansas

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter