Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

We just started eating "Ancient Harvest" Quinoa Pasta and I have to tell you I really like the taste.

I do not know if it is this product or something else but every time eat it I do not feel 100% the next day. Wondering if anyone else had/has this problem with this product.

Thank you very much for you help! Still trying to figure this all out.

Rick

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

We eat this without problems. My dd is VERY sensitive. We also like Nutrition Kitchen soy pasta if you can do soy.... Lots of fiber and protein, works best if you actually cook the pasta in the sauce you're making, add 1/2 cup extra water. It's like tofu, it takes on the flavor of whatever you're cooking.

Rachelle 20dance.gif

Daughter diagnosed 1/06 bloodwork and biopsy
-gluten-free since 1/06

Son tested negative-bloodwork (8/07), intestinal issues prompted biospy (3/08), results negative, but very positive dietary response, Dr. diagnosed Celiac disease (3/8)

Join eNewsletter

I've not had any problems with it and really like it the best out of all the gluten-free pastas.

I did read elsewhere on the forum that if your recently diagnosed there could be some problems with any of the gluten-free pastas

until the vili have had more of a chance to heal. It took me about 3 months before I could handle them without bloating up.

Ken

We just started eating "Ancient Harvest" Quinoa Pasta and I have to tell you I really like the taste.

I do not know if it is this product or something else but every time eat it I do not feel 100% the next day. Wondering if anyone else had/has this problem with this product.

Thank you very much for you help! Still trying to figure this all out.

Rick

"Ryo tatereba mi ga tatanu"

If we try to serve both sides, we cannot stand our own ground.

Japanese proverb

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Join eNewsletter

Ancient Harvest is my favorite pasta brand. They have veggie curls that are really good -- I had them the other day as mac and cheese (with velveeta). There spaghetti noodles are really good too.

The first 1-2 time I used their pasta I did not feel well and I was really bummed b/c the taste is REALLY good.

I gave the pasta another try after waiting a week or so and did just fine. I have been using that brand for a couple of months now and have had no other problems.

Do you always not feel well the next day after using the pasta? Or do you notice that you don't feel well with some of the meals that you make the pasta with (could be something that is being added in with the pasta to make the meal)?

Good luck.

Rebecca

Partial Gluten Free March 2007

Completely Gluten Free February 2008

Tapioca Starch/Flour Free April 2008

No MSG July 2008

Cut out Nitrates//Nitrites January 2009

Problems with Tomatoes and Potatoes -- Cut out Nightshades Aug '09

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter