• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Ladycates

Gluten Free Lipstick?

Rate this topic

I want to be able to kiss my son without worrying about whether or not my lipstick has gluten in it. Does anyone know of any gluten free lipsticks out there?

Burt's Bees lipsticks and lip balms are all gluten free.

Many MAC lipsticks are gluten free, but always ask the consultant to look up the ingredients.

Clinique Lip Surge is gluten free AT MY LAST PURCHASE (others are not - again ask the consultant to look up the ingredients)

NARS cosmetics are all gluten-free, last I emailed them. I use their lipstick without a problem (I buy their products at Sephora).

Some Origins lipsticks are gluten-free, too (I can't remember which ones off the top of my head, but their customer service is excellent if you email or call them).

I buy Bobby Brown lipsticks and lip gloss. I contacted them directly about the ones i had and they responded. Ask them to send you their gluten-free list. Nars too!

I love Burt's Bees lipstick and it is gluten free.

Another thing I really like is Bare Escentuals and alot of theirs is also gluten free

I think some of the Nutrogena lip sticks are gluten-free as well. I am sorry I do not have a list.

Hez

Bare Minerals lip products are not gluten free. I spoke with their rep this morning. Neutrogena does not use gluten, but will not say that any of their products are gluten free, (Revlon also says the same thing)

I verify with companies that my favorite natural cosmetics are gluten free and I am so excited, because yesterday I even tested the Dr. Hauschka Lipstick (which is amazing by the way!) with the ELISA EZ Gluten Test Kit. Of course it came out negative, but it was a great experience to test it, and the kit was so easy to use!

Here is the link to my blog post with the video link in it! http://blog.naturallydahling.com/?p=76"

Thanks!

Kristen

www.NaturallyDahling.com

Well, since I've decided to stop lurking today and to come out of the "gluten-intolerant" closet (LOL)...I have a neat trick for gluten-free lipstick:

I use Everyday Minerals makeups (thanks to suggestions on this board - I LOVE it). Instead of buying a ton of different shades of lipstick, I have found that I can buy one or two shades of lip balm (one neutral, one with a bit of berry tint) and use them with different shades of the EM blushes to get a range of colors. First I brush a bit of blush on my lips to get the desired level of color, then apply lip balm over the top to even out the color and get a glossy look. It saves money letting the blushes do double duty, and the colors on my cheeks and lips coordinate! :D

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Top Posters +

• Upcoming Events

• May 29, 2019 04:00 PM Until 08:00 AM

Celiac Emotional Healing Support Group

Again you are invited to join Johnny Patout, LCSW for Baton Rouge's first emotional healing support group meeting to assist those living with celiac disease manage the emotional challenges so many of us face. Most often the emotional disturbances include depression, disinterest in normal activities, insomnia, grief, mood changes, anxiety, inability to concentrate, extreme concern about managing a gluten-free lifestyle and other emotional and behavioral challenges.

The professionals at Jamestown Avenue Counseling Center created the emotional healing support group to give us a safe place to begin to process our emotions and support each other as we heal emotionally while managing celiac disease and the resulting autoimmune disorders.

The emotional healing support group meets every Thursday, 6:00-7:00pm, at the Jamestown Avenue Counseling Center of Baton Rouge. Jamestown Avenue Counseling Center is located at 4637 Jamestown Avenue, Baton Rouge, Suite B-1. Suite B-1 is upstairs.

The support group is free and open everyone managing celiac disease. For more information: emotionalhealingforceliacs@hotmail.com
    • June 01, 2019 Until June 02, 2019
      Nourished Festival is a family-friendly event with 10 locations across the US. Attendees will be able to sample food, health and beauty products, meet with companies, learn about the most current food lifestyles, receive coupons and attend educational sessions with industry experts. 
      Nourished Festival, managed by The Nourished Group and presented by Enjoy Life Foods, is the largest gluten-free, allergy-friendly and specialty diet event in the US, with 10 locations including.
      ABOUT THE NOURISHED FESTIVALS
      Managed by The Nourished Group, formerly The Gluten Free Media Group, The Nourished Festivals are the largest and fastest growing special diet consumer events in the United States. Started in 2007, the events have expanded from one to ten cities throughout the country. The festivals cater to anyone looking to lead a healthier lifestyle or those who follow a specialty diet due to autoimmune conditions, food sensitivities, allergies or intolerances. Offerings including Paleo, Keto, Plant-Based, Gluten-Free, Allergen-Friendly and Nut-Free products. The events provide the opportunity for attendees to sample and purchase new products, receive coupons, meet with brand ambassadors and attend educational classes with industry experts. For more information, visit http://www.nourishedfestival.com 

• July 07, 2019 Until August 03, 2019
      For more information, visit www.kefss.com or call (407) 255-6550. info@kefss.com 

KEF USA Summer Camps Announces the New KEF Gluten-Free Camp in Orlando, Florida for Youths with Celiac Disease.

[Orlando, FL February 6, 2019]-KEF USA is excited to announce that we will offer a new 100% gluten-free camp program to give kids and teens with Celiac Disease a safe, exciting and healthy summer. KEF USA programs offer fun and unique experiences that can only be found in Orlando, Florida. Campers explore the theme parks and local attractions, make new friends, discover new interests and create memories that last a lifetime.