Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Abbott50

Tacoma Wa..... Looking For Gluten Free Restaurants

We live in Gig Harbor WA.... just across the bridge from Tacoma. We are looking for restaurant ideas for Tacoma, Gig Harbor, Port Orchard, Bremerton, or surrounding areas. We know about Outback, PF changs in Seattle and the Old Spaghetti Factory.... but would love some more ideas. Of course we would be thrilled if a there was a pizza joint with gluten free crusts... please, please.

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

A month or so ago someone posted about a new restaurant called Woody's on the Water that had gluten-free options. I haven't been there, but here is the thread.

I know it's a little outside of the area you wanted, but Federal Way has a McGrath's Fish House, which has a gluten-free menu. I haven't been there yet, but I got the menu emailed to me from their corporate office and it's making my mouth water!

-Colleen

Dx 8/05 via bloodwork and biopsy (total villous atrophy)

13-year old son Dx 11/05 via bloodwork and biopsy

Daughters (16 and 5) have tested negative via bloodwork

A woman is like a tea bag - you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water. - Eleanor Roosevelt

Join eNewsletter

We live in Gig Harbor WA.... just across the bridge from Tacoma. We are looking for restaurant ideas for Tacoma, Gig Harbor, Port Orchard, Bremerton, or surrounding areas. We know about Outback, PF changs in Seattle and the Old Spaghetti Factory.... but would love some more ideas. Of course we would be thrilled if a there was a pizza joint with gluten free crusts... please, please.

Can someone tell me how you can get a gluten-free pizza free from CC in a regular wheat-pizza place? I just don't see how it is possible, although I am definitely going to check out Foley's next time I visit my sister.

Diagnosed by biopsy 2/12/07. Negative blood tests. Gluten-free (except for accidents) since 2/15/07. DQ2.5 (HLA DQA1*05:DQB1*0201)

Son, age 18, previously delayed growth 3rd percentile weight, 25th percentile height (5'3" at age 15). Negative blood work. Endoscopy declined. Enterolab positive 3/12/08. Gene results: HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201 HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0503 Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,1(Subtype 2,5) Went gluten-free, casein-free 3/15/08. Now 6'2" (Over six feet!) and doing great.

"Great difficulties may be surmounted by patience and perseverance." Abigail Adams (1744-1818) 2nd First Lady of the United States

Join eNewsletter

We have a bride on a gluten-free diet and heed to host a rehearsal dinner in Federal Way, Wa. McGrath's fish house doesn't have a room, only booths. The only options remaining for us at this point are Marie Callenders, Copper Falls on the Auburn Golf Course, and their sister restaurant, Verazano's (Italian) which we hope have affordable buffets starting at $25/pp (willing to "work with us" on gluten-free items). Most other places either don't have gluten-free or not suitable for a 40-person rehearsal dinner. Outback steakhouse didn't have a room. There are a lot of restaurants in the area but not many that meet our criteria. Billy McHales doesn't have a gluten-free menu.

Join eNewsletter

There are two pizza establishments in the Northwest that have recently been accredited as maintaining Best Practices for Gluten Free Food Services, a program of the Gluten Intolerance Group of North America - Garlic Jim's Pizza and Jet City Pizza. However, NOT all locations have met these requirements. The following Garlic Jim's Pizza locations have been accredited: Vancouver & Ravenna, WA (others have been accredited throughout the US). The following Jet City Pizza locations have been accredited: Silver Lake, Bremerton, and Newcastle, WA. If you have any questions, contact the Gluten Intolerance Group @ 253-833-6655, or let me know! Happy Dining!

Join eNewsletter

There is a Great Pizza Place on 6th Ave in Tacoma called Farrelles also there is another just east of it across the street on 6th ave, although I don't remember the name of that place. at Farrelles you need to ask the waiter to be sure they do not give you gluten in yours. I ordered one and it was great! It is also a fun place to eat....

Join eNewsletter

So this isn't in gig harbor, but my husband found this restaurant in Seattle called Razzi's and it is well worth it if you are ever up there and want a change from the Spaghetti Factory- They had a full 3 page gluten-free menu with amazing options, both Greek and Italian....pita bread, pizza, gyros. And what was awesome was a lot of the stuff was gluten-free, Egg, Soy, Dairy, Nut, and rice free- since many of us have multiple allergies. Enjoy!

Join eNewsletter

So this isn't in gig harbor, but my husband found this restaurant in Seattle called Razzi's and it is well worth it if you are ever up there and want a change from the Spaghetti Factory- They had a full 3 page gluten-free menu with amazing options, both Greek and Italian....pita bread, pizza, gyros. And what was awesome was a lot of the stuff was gluten-free, Egg, Soy, Dairy, Nut, and rice free- since many of us have multiple allergies. Enjoy!

Wow! Nice! Gonna see if they have a menu online. Sounds too good to be true!

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter