Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

madwick

Gluten Free In St. Pete's Beach For A Triathlete!

Hi gluten-free Friends-

I am competing in the St. Anthony's triathlon in St. Pete's beach, FL this April. Last year when I competed, I wasn't celiac...and now I am! :angry: So, now I need some help. Any advice on where I can eat that will give me the carbs I need but also that I won't risk cross contamination? I would hate to have a bum tummy day of race.

Also, any suggestions on FL grocery stores, or should I bring down my own food...

Thanks! I really appreciate the help!

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

There's a Richard's Health food stores in Tyrone area. (Close to where you'll be) I stock up there when I am in the area. Love the place. I would guess they could special order any foods you need prior to your arrival if needed. Let me know if you have trouble finding the info online and I'll track it down.

I don't go to St Pete that much so I am not sure of exactly what is nearby. They should have Outback, Lee Roy Selmans, PF Changs, Magianos, etc. Not sure how far away they are from the beach though. Any chance of renting a kitchenette type of place and doing some of your own cooking?

Good luck in the race

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter